We Need YOU!
UXPA depends on volunteers from around the world to support our mission. No matter what your skills or experience level, there are ways that you can contribute to the UXPA community. In doing so you will:
- Expand your network
- Get greater professional visibility
- Gain insight into the UX profession
- Receive mentorship from some of the most experienced UX practitioners in the world.
Currently seeking volunteers for:
- Translating existing content (e.g., tweets, Facebook posts, article abstracts, newsletter) into other languages
- Representing/promoting UXPA in Brazil
- Posting content to Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn and list serves
- Working with UXPA chapters to collect content and event info to share on UXPA International avenues
- Coordinating publication materials for members (e.g., poster)
- Interviewing UX professionals and creating content for UXPA social media and website
- Coordinating more member discounts
- Editing website content.
- Review user experience of the website and process existing feedback.
Other Skills Needed
Just a few of the skills are volunteer areas that require assistance include:
- Writing and editing for the website
- Photography and videos for events
- Social media management
- Research and writing for the UXPA newsletter
- Assisting in the production of our professional development webinars
- Staffing events.
- Expert reviews, usability studies
Have questions? Our Director of Volunteers is here to answer any questions you may have and talk about opportunities to volunteer with us, reach out today for more information.
When I first started volunteering at UXPA, I took on different roles. I was helping at the registration desk, handing out badges and packets, guiding people and answering questions that attendees had, assisted during talks and looked for whatever help was needed.
Now, in my current role as a co-chair for the UXPA volunteer committee, my responsibilities go beyond that and involves two components. First, it’s getting ready for the conference: communicating with people who are interested in volunteering, planning and distributing shifts, preparing and holding a volunteer orientation together with Matt Karakilic, who is the chair for the volunteer committee. And second, making sure our volunteers have a positive experience and have time to enjoy the conference.