It’s a great time to be working or pursuing a job in UX. Because demand is often outpacing supply when it comes to top UX talent, salaries are rising. According to The Creative Group Salary Guide, average starting salaries for creative positions are projected to increase an average of 3.6 percent in 2017. Positions requiring digital expertise – like user experience and mobile designers – are seeing even bigger gains. These resources can help you find a job that best fits your skills and experience.
- How to Find the Right Creative Job – Before you embark on a job search, review these fundamental career resources.
- An Inside Look at 'The UX Careers Handbook' – Get an overview of different kinds of UX careers and a guide to navigating the UX career lifecycle.
- Who Can Help Me Find a Job? Turn to These 4 Sources – These four resources could be the key to finding your next UX position.
- 5 Job Search Tips for Creative Grads – Looking to land your first job? Read these strategies for attracting the attention of employers.
- 8 Tips to Amp Up Your Job Prospects in a Stronger Economy – Learn how to improve your marketability in this video from TCG executive director Diane Domeyer.
- Negotiating Salary: Questions to Ask – Regardless of where you are in your job search or in your career, here are six questions to ask yourself or your potential employer.
- 3 Common Salary Negotiation Scenarios and What You Can Learn From Them – These three anecdotes provide valuable lessons on how to conduct yourself during a salary negotiation.
- 4 Steps to Getting the Salary You Deserve – Build a strong case and be ready to sway any doubts your boss may have with these four tips.
Resume, portfolio and interview
- 8 Tips for Writing a Resume – Most employers still expect to receive a traditional resume. Here are eight tips for writing a resume that’s clear, concise and compelling.
- Verbs Before Blurbs on Your Creative Resume – Using the same tired terms on your resume as every other applicant does you no good. Choosing the right words can help you set yourself apart.
- Expert Tips on How to Create a Killer Digital Portfolio – Ram Castillo, award winning designer and art director, shares his top digital portfolio tips.
- Have You Put Your Digital Portfolio to the Test? – Walk through this list of seven usability testing questions to create a polished digital portfolio.
- 5 Interview Tips to Help You Nail Your Creative Job Interview – Have a big job interview coming up? The key to nailing it is to be prepared. Here’s how.
- How to Answer Tough Interview Questions – See the hardest interview questions from executives and how to answer them effectively.
- The Worst Questions to Ask an Interviewer – Questions never to ask an interviewer and queries to consider posing instead.