Cory Lebson, author of the recently published book, The UX Careers Handbook, who will serve up the sweet secrets to success in the UX job market.
If you’re a job seeker, learn what it takes to succeed as a UX professional. Explore the multitude of career pathways available to you. Find out how you can frame yourself solidly as a UX-er through learning, personal branding and networking.
And if you’re an employer or recruiter, learn how you can craft your job descriptions to find experienced UX-ers instead of elusive unicorns.
Cory’s talk will cover:
- What kinds of UX jobs are available
- How to write/identify a good job description
- How to successfully apply for a UX job
- How to create a resume and portfolio to tell your career story
- Understanding and become part of the UX community for career advancement
- Hire who you need and help existing UX staff grow professionally
- The UX Careers Handbook offers an insider’s look at how to be a successful User Experience (UX) professional from comprehensive career pathway descriptions to learning, personal branding, networking skills, building of resumes and portfolios, and landing a UX job.
Presenter: Cory Lebson
Cory Lebson has been a user experience consultant for nearly 20 years. He is the principal and owner of Lebsontech LLC, a successful small user experience consulting firm he established in 1997. Lebsontech focuses on user research and evaluation, user experience strategy, UX training, and mentoring.
Cory regularly gives talks and workshops on topics related to UX career development, user experience, user research, information architecture, and accessibility. He has been featured on the radio and has published a number of articles in a variety of professional publications.
Cory has an MBA in marketing and technology management, as well as an MA in sociology and a BS in psychology. Cory is a past president of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International and is also a past president of the UXPA DC Chapter. Follow Cory on Twitter @corylebson
You may also like
Page 2 of 2