We sat down with our Pre-Conference Course chair, Rajesh Kalidindi to learn a little more about one of our favorite UXPA family members.
1) How did you get started in UX?
One day, during the Dot Com boom, I presented a design to a client, and their question about usability opened my eyes to user experience. Then, I started learning about usability by taking courses and observing users’ behavior.
2) What was your first volunteer role with UXPA International?
Conference volunteer at the Austin 2007 UPA Conference. As a volunteer at the conference, I got a chance to meet with leaders and newbies. Here’s my picture as a volunteer from the 2007 conference with a colorful poncho. Isn’t it cool? I still have this poncho:
3) What is your favorite part of the UXPA International conference?
Inclusive. This conference welcomes everyone with an open heart. Regardless of the attendees’ appearance, gender, and level of knowledge in UX, the conference accommodates everyone. BTW, did I say that committee takes care of Vegetarians and other dietary restrictions too?
4) What are you looking forward to most at this year’s event?
Networking and sunny San Diego!
5) What song will we definitely find you dancing to at the opening reception?
Funny! Who let the dogs out? woof woof woof woof