State Farm Insurance is seeking a User Experience (UX) Research Manager in Bloomington, Illinois or Atlanta, Georgia. In this role you will be responsible for direct supervision of a team of User Experience Researchers who design and conduct user research for a wide range of software and other products used by State Farm customers, sales associates, and employees. You will collaborate with other UX research managers, researchers, design teams, and business leaders across the organization to ensure State Farm consistently delivers remarkable customer experiences.
The skills required for the position are typically associated with an advanced degree in Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Engineering or related field. Ideal candidates should have:
- Extensive experience leading and conducting qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Experience leading laboratory, online, and field research to address end-user needs throughout the entire user-centered design lifecycle.
- Experience supporting user-centered design in a large corporate environment is a plus.
- Previous UX management preferred.
- Requires working with interdisciplinary project teams across multiple locations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, communication, and execution of User Experience Research strategy.
- Direct supervision of UX research staff including professional staff development, resource allocation, and performance evaluation.
- Manage user research lab facilities and operations in Bloomington and/or Atlanta.
- Collaborate with UX design and business leadership teams to coordinate user-centered design activities and drive user-centered decision-making.
- Develop innovative strategies to answer user experience research questions.
- Stay current on UX issues, tools, and literature.
# of Positions 1
Job Type Management
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends Required Not Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more