AnswerLab is seeking a Quantitative User Experience expert to lead the development of our Quantitative Research practice and oversee a range of User Experience research studies for Fortune 500 clients. This position is based in our NY office.
AnswerLab delivers trusted customer insights that help the world’s leading brands build outstanding digital products and services. The company focuses exclusively on user experience research to understand what people see, do, think and feel when using web sites, mobile applications, and other digital products. AnswerLab’s clients depend on their recommendations about product concepts, features, design and messaging to create more engaging customer experiences that drive results.
Global market leaders select AnswerLab as their user experience research partner, including Amazon.com, PayPal, Walmart, Honda, ING DIRECT, ESPN, FedEx, Genentech, eBay, Salesforce.com, Amgen, Intuit and Harley Davidson. For more information about AnswerLab, please visit www.answerlab.com.
This position is an opportunity to:
- Become a trusted advisor to your clients: AnswerLab's product involves information and insights -- and these insights help executives at some of the country's most recognizable firms to solve complex business issues. In addition to the knowledge and learning you'll be exposed to, you'll have the added satisfaction of seeing your clients achieve success as a direct result of our research services.
- Grow your expertise & reputation: Since 2004, AnswerLab has been building a stellar reputation within the research industry; our NetPromoter score is best-in-class. You will have the opportunity to learn from the best and brightest UX researchers in the industry, while trying innovative new research methods.
- Build something: You will have the opportunity to impact a rapidly-growing company that is becoming the leading company in our category.
The UX Research Manager Role
This position reports into the VP, UX Research.
The UX Research Manager in this position will have the opportunity to define the future vision for the overall Quantitative Research Practice while overseeing a wide range of studies for Fortune 500 clients. Methodologies currently in our practice include performing intercept and panel-based surveys, behavioral and click-stream analysis, survey-based A/B testing, longitudinal tracking studies, quantitative card sorting, tree testing, benchmarking, and other online user testing techniques.
The leader in this role has the opportunity to build the practice during a particularly exciting time in AnswerLab’s development. The successful candidate will be partnering with key stakeholders to define new research offerings, build the quantitative research team, and influence overall direction of the business.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
Overseeing Strategic Business Engagements. You will use your quantitative research expertise, savvy consulting abilities, and creative problem solving skills to impact our clients’ business by:
- Determining the optimal strategy for research execution including appropriate resourcing, tools, and vendor partners
- Overseeing research delivery from kickoff to presentation to ensure outstanding quality of deliverables and insights
- Building a trusted advisor relationship with clients
- Presenting to a broad range of clients from designers to executives
- Working with clients to understand business needs and to craft UX research solutions
Leading the Quantitative Research Practice
As the head of our Quantitative Research Practice, you will ensure that we remain the leader in the UX marketplace to provide innovative and impactful research solutions. You will also grow and develop a world-class team of quantitative UX research experts to deliver exceptional user experience insights
- Managing a growing team of 1-5 UX Researchers, responsible for hiring and onboarding new team members and ongoing professional development
- Continually evolving the quantitative product suite to ensure alignment with our clients’ business needs
- Ensuring profitability of all quantitative product lines, identifying efficiencies and opportunities to scale offerings for maximum profitability
- Developing partnerships with outside vendors for additional analytical or programming support
- Contributing to AnswerLab’s knowledge library