At HBO Digital Products, we believe in clear, honest, and immersive design and that these values can be achieved only through thoughtful and deliberate attention to detail, meaningful collaboration, and a fervent regard for our brand and our customers. Lead UX Researchers are a key member of cross-functional and cross-organizational teams that set strategic direction for HBO’s digital products, while informing our design process with high impact user research.
As a Lead UX Researcher, you will work with cross-functional team leads to identify research needs to support the overall product roadmap and key feature initiatives from concept to launch. Depending on the scope and complexity of research, you may plan and execute studies as a sole researcher or you may lead and coach a small team to perform the work. As Lead, you are responsible for the scoping and delivery of highly informative, robust, and ethical research processes and results. The role continues as you collaborate with the team to discuss and address findings in product planning and design. As a member of the UX Researcher team, you will help grow the team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, and evangelize best practices.
The ideal candidate will take into account business objectives and customer needs and will deftly balance tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking. Candidates should have demonstrated expertise in the following areas.
- Typically has five or more years of practical work experience as a Lead or Senior UX Researcher with one or more years of UX team management experience.
- Graduate degree in Engineering Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
- Project scoping, budgeting, scheduling and resource management of multiple simultaneous user research efforts.
- Expert in experimental design for qualitative research, user-centered design methodology, data analysis, and reporting and communicating results.
- Expert in study session moderation/facilitation for in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and contextual inquiry.
- Strong command of a broad set of qualitative and quantitative user research methods with the ability to discern and recommend the right method(s) for a project.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement Agile UX research practices.
- Experience planning and conducting global user research.
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present findings clearly.
- An online portfolio or work samples with study plans, reports, and outcomes.
- Relevant work experience in digital products and services with a focus on consumer accounts, content discovery, and streaming media.
- Subject matter expertise with VUI and Connected TV devices and/or game consoles, e.g., AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.
- Create multi-phased research plans to support product roadmaps. Initiate and oversee the execution of each research effort.
- Work with a cross-functional team to prioritize areas of focus for research.
- Recommend research which meets business objectives and considers overall roadmap priorities and resources.
- Collaborate closely with product team leads to benchmark progress against strategic goals and KPI’s.
- Plan and conduct research within an Agile framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication.
- Communicate regularly with working team, stakeholders, and HBO partner teams.
- Manage, supervise, and support junior to senior UX Researchers.
- Vet, hire, and manage outside vendors as needed to support the work.
- Ensure high quality data and robust data analysis.
- Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities.
- Help grow the UXR team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and evangelize best practices.
We understand that careers are only one dimension of life. Our employees lead interesting, multidimensional lives as global citizens, community members, homeowners, students, caregivers, athletes, friends, activists, hobbyists, family members and so much more.
The diverse roles and responsibilities that add definition to life can also add complexity, tension and stress-particularly when coupled with the demands of work. The conflicts that occur when work and life demands collide can inhibit the capabilities of our employees Therefore, we strive to provide a workplace that can adapt to peoples' lifestyles and life stages.
For more information, please see
If you encounter technical difficulties, please contact RecruitAdmin@timewarner.com.