WHO WE ARE
We are capable and curious individuals who champion user-centered design. Our work reaches and delights millions of people daily. We are professionals skilled in multi-faceted interaction design creation. We derive satisfaction by creating the best hardware, software, and mobile application experiences.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
Fascinated by user behavior and energized by new technologies that solve real problems.
Seeing value in multiple approaches to solve a problem. Pursuing the balance between vision and pragmatism.
Sweating the details and expecting the same of your colleagues.
Dissatisfied with the status quo and comfortable taking risks, failing fast, and learning quickly.
WHO ARE YOU?
You think flexibly
You think about the individual design requirements and implementation, but constantly consider the continuity through multiple experiences.
You’re trained to deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform architectural requirements.
You get it done
You highlight the problems others don’t notice, and deploy a refined design toolset to tackle these challenges.
You are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing your own work, as well as helping junior designers do the same.
You want to be part of a team
You take direction while effectively leading others toward a clear experience vision, articulating the value of a human-centered approach to the business and to our customers.
You enjoy engaging with multiple team members and value diverse perspectives. You want feedback and recognize the necessity of working together to get a product out the door.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in human factors engineering, User Interface/Interaction Design, HCI, Behavior Sciences or a related field, with several years of related work experience.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating concepts and detailing consumer journey, specifying interaction for hardware, mobile, and digital services for consumer products.
- You are highly capable using the tools of our trade including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, and learning new tools as they arise.
- Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Hands-on experience designing consumer electronics products
- Understanding in multi-modal interaction design
- Master's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including both a 401k and pension plan (Yes, pensions still exist!)
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- A culture that recognizes the importance of your life and learning outside the walls of Bose. – with financial support to continue your education
- Co-workers who want you to succeed, because your success is our success.
- Management which focuses on removing road blocks, enabling and growing individuals, and championing the work of the team.
- An atmosphere where failure is seen as an opportunity to grow, taking risks is encouraged, and respect is paramount.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplemen...); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingL.... Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.