Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work with some of the smartest and most accomplished people you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits, and it’s an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo is currently seeking Multiple UX Designers to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible project for a DoD customer.
We are looking for…
UI/UX Designers of all experience levels to join our team. At Octo, our designers serve as the voice of our end-users to the team. Our designers are open-minded, empathetic to users’ needs and creative. They serve as a critical pivot between end-users and the technical team helping to identify solutions to challenges that impede the usability of systems. Our favorite designers have a knack for translating high level functional customer requirements into technical requirements.
You are unique. You love seeing people use the software you designed. You value continuously gathering feedback and responding to changes as you learn about them. You instinctively design what users need. You thrive working in a collaborative environment. Above all, you love teaching others how good UX practices can transform a product and a business.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you will work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
What we’d like to see…
- 2+ years of experience in UX, product design and/or enterprise application design
- A truly impressive background with experience creating interfaces, large-scale websites or applications
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating killer products that consider innovation and usability. Octo is highly collaborative – we need someone who will not just listen but anticipate needs, concerns, and input from teammates across disciplines
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills – you should be insanely excited about your work and know how to spread that enthusiasm
- Someone open to feedback who knows how and when to defend design choices
- Experience with agile and lean principles – we embrace XP and The Lean Startup principles
**Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application J
Years of Experience: 2 years of experience or more
Clearance: SECRET or TS/SCI
Location: The primary location is Cambridge, MA. Though there will be brief/initial travel requirements to San Francisco, Chicago or Washington, D.C.
How to Apply
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Federal Holidays, 401K , Tuition Reimbursement