The Division of Marketing and Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus; purposefully fulfilling partner’s goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. The Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how the University and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies.
The University of Denver’s Division of Marketing and Communications is seeking a highly versatile and experienced User Experience designer. As the visual design and UX lead on the digital team, the Senior UX Designer will be tasked with leading the identification, translation, and execution of client and institutional goals as they relate to digital initiatives.
Candidates must have a high level of experience in graphic/user experience design and web asset development. This will include visual requirements gathering and documentation from all stakeholders and internal/external clients. The Senior UX Designer will create wireframes, prototypes, and coordinate project development using a hybrid-agile methodology between internal and contract Graphic Designers, Front-end developers, Back-end developers, product vendors and agency partners, according to specifications and on time. This individual will also work closely with the Division’s Digital Asset Manager. It is critical that candidates are adept in working in highly collaborative, fast-paced environments. An exceptional level of attention to detail is a must. We are seeking an experienced team member who knows UX best practices, can document them, and ensure all IA/UI/UX/Graphic design follows those detailed specifications.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military training in graphic design, marketing, computer science, or other related fields
5+ years of UI / UX, graphic, and visual design in a corporate or agency context
Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Serve as a primary and lead designer for Division’s Digital team, including video editing, photo editing, and illustration
- Responsible for conceptual Ideation & Art Direction related to numerous digital properties (Web, Mobile, Social Media, Email, Blogs, Digital signage and wayfinding)
- When appropriate, lead creative discovery sessions with department
- Analyze user experience problems and create design solutions that meet business goals
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, and design intuitive solutions to support them
- Define information architecture and develop wireframes
- Build Interactive Prototypes for the unit assets
- Assume overall User Interface design of Web assets, incorporating usability, comprehensive workflows, and applying best standards
- Work directly with external unit stakeholders, department stakeholders, designers, developers, and vendors to coordinate the building of unit websites
- Stay abreast of UX trends, as well as corporate and industry standards looking for creative ideas
- Participate in user testing and design research to gain insight into UI / UX
- Direct and manage UX/Design contractors to ensure University brand guidelines are closely followed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process
- Creative thinker who can effectively innovate big ideas and also work out all the details
- A passion for championing UX and innovation within an organization
- Experience moving designs throughout an agile development process, including monitoring and reporting progress in an Agile software program (i.e. Redbooth, Rally, Jira)
- High-fidelity wireframe and prototyping experience
- Skilled in using design, wireframing, and use case tools (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, usertesting.com)
- Excellent interaction design skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (i.e. developers, leadership, vendors, contractors, and end users)
- Experience with Project Management software (i.e. Asana)
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) April 24, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The following documents are required to be fully considered for this role:
- A Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.