We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Principal Experience Designer. Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
As Principal Designer, you’ll anchor our UX design practice, collaborate with technical and business leadership, serve as a mentor for our growing design team, and act as a essential partner to our Senior Director of Design, Chief Product Officer, and CEO.
You'll help manifest Varsity Tutors’ overall product vision and service design across all channels that face the customer, tutors and beyond.
You'll work closely with a talented and growing team of visual and UX designers in a fast-paced startup-environment to drive our experience strategy, deliver seamless workflows, and craft refined and engaging product experiences.
- 10+ years of experience in designing UX architecture on mobile and desktop product experiences
- An impressive portfolio of work that demonstrates a deep understanding of the core problems being solved, paired with elegant, innovative, and thoughtful solutions
- A strong UX design foundation with an understanding of how to apply it into satisfying experiences
- Experience building frameworks for rich multi-platform product experiences
- Expert understanding of how to apply design to achieve business objectives
- Proficient knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
- Transform complex ideas into proposals for elegant and intuitively straightforward design proposals.
- Participate in design critiques, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as feedback for others'
- Work side-by-side with engineers to ensure your work functions as well in production as it does in your design
- Mentorship of junior designers and contributing work that influences and scales their contributions.
- Go deep in designing, refining, and expanding our UX and information architecture within our mobile and web apps
- Work in an agile environment using data and analytics to inform user-centered design decisions and rapid iterative improvement