Do you enjoy solving challenging design problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Even better... knowing that your work is highly visible and mission critical for thousands of organizations around the globe?
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software. We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
We are looking for a talented UX/UI designer to join our User Experience team to own, design and influence many of the progressive features within our award-winning Directory (e.g. Security) product.
User Experience at JumpCloud is a critical component to the success of our business. As a SaaS-deployed solution, it is imperative that the end-user immediately understand the product’s workflow and operation so they achieve immediate success. In this role, you will be working with progressive UX and UI engineers who will inspire you to think critically, examine and inspire new design patterns, and work with product professionals to implement new and complex features.
We’re looking for…
The ideal candidate will have the experience and the proclivity to delve into a highly technical SaaS-delivered business application, research the specific needs of our unique users, and be able to simplify complex functional operations into smooth and intuitive user experiences.The candidate should also have experience operating within progressive agile teams, working in synchronicity with UI and full stack developers, collaborating with UX designers and Customer Experience professionals. You will make deliberate design decisions with an attention to utilizing and shaping strong, extensible product patterns, a consistent aesthetic, and shepherding the integrity of designs through implementation.
- 2-5 years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates your latitude and aesthetic
- Experience performing user testing and with prototyping tools such as InVision
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Illustrator most importantly
- Strong visual and written communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Bachelors in Design, Cognitive Science or relevant work experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Gathering and evaluating user feature requirements in collaboration with UX designers, product managers, and engineers
- Taking designs from user flows and mockups to fully considered prototypes communicating the nuanced states and interactions of your designs
- Performing user testing and research to fully understand who it is you are building for and the technology that you are building with and around
- Employing an iterative design process, responsive to user feedback as well as evolving product and development necessities
- Utilizing prepared design materials to effectively, articulately advocate for the best user experience to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Working within our current style and pattern standards while helping to make iterative improvements upon
- Proactively identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Contributing to the development and refinement a product style guide that will take the shape of a standardized UI component library
Where you’ll be working:
Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
Why JumpCloud? JumpCloud is in the process of disrupting and modernizing a multi-billion dollar industry owned by the legacy IT world vendors. You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks as well as some of the best architects in the country to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy expanding your understanding of challenging technical problems, making the complex feel simple, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé and portfolio link, along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Bonus points for downloading our product and providing suggestions.