The User Experience (UX) Strategist is part of a newly transformed End User Services organization. This role will report to the UX Manager who is part of the User Experience, Technology Adoption and Communications team. The UX Strategist serves as a change agent and end user advocate who translates user insights into experiences that improve the productivity, collaboration and satisfaction of the FRS (Federal Reserve System) workforce. The role manages and conducts a variety of user experience (UX) activities to guide a cohesive end-to-end user experience. This role requires significant collaboration with cross functional teams; including various National IT teams (Strategy and Architecture, Product teams, Communications, Technology Adoption and Operations) as well as Local IT and business partners.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/Master's Degree may be preferred with 10+ years of work experience in user experience, human computer interaction, product management or related area.
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies. Experience in user-centered design, user research and testing and understanding of how to apply data to shape the user experience. Understanding of Design Thinking principles and processes
Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
Collaboration: Highly collaborative with ability to work with diverse audiences to drive end user improvements. Ability to mentor other on user-centered design best practices and processes.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making, and contributing to his or her function’s risk management.
Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Makes decisions within established or widely accepted standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling less than 20 lbs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads strategic, user-centered design methodologies in order to evaluate, recommend, design and implement solutions that optimize the end-to-end workforce experience. Employs a variety of user experience techniques, including discovery, research, personas and journey maps, wireframing, measurement strategies and optimization
- Demonstrates understanding of end user needs and goals, and identifies user requirements to shape, prioritize and optimize the end user experience.
- Develops a picture of the end user ecosystem in order to identify opportunities to map productivity, collaboration and endpoint solutions to user and business needs. Creates visual artifacts (e.g. journey maps and service blueprints) to facilitate decision making and prioritization.
- Leverages qualitative and quantitative user data and trends to identify opportunities and guide user-centered design strategies.
- Partners with business and product teams to identify key experience metrics to baseline, monitor and measure.
- Advances user-centered design practices, tools and processes while fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Anticipates leadership needs and is a key contributor and user advocate in process improvement and long term technical solution discussions. Presents outcomes in written and verbal format to senior management and division management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
More details available and apply at www.richmondfed.org.