Outline of Role
We’re looking for a mid-level Japanese UX designer, or a designer with demonstrated Japanese market experience and conversational Japanese who can:
- Help with Research, Testing and Evaluation and building a community of testers in Japan to help develop the product.
- Help define the user experience and interface concepts.
- Help ensure that the developed concepts are culturally appropriate to the Japanese market.
You’ll be directed by and report to the UX lead, and interact regularly with members of our technical, learning design and development teams.
- Must be bi-lingual (English and Japanese)
- Have experience of user experience and user interface design in mobile and desktop environments in the Japanese markets (demonstrate at least one project/product targeting Japanese users)
- Proficiency in industry standard wireframing and prototyping software
- Knowledge of user experience and user interface design processes and methodology
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Solid knowledge of user-centred design principles
- Ability to turn user stories into user flows, journey maps and wireframes.
- Ability to write clear specifications and design guidelines for developers/designers
- Excellent team player, with strong communication skills
- Have experience working in an agile environment with globally distributed teams
- Attention to detail and passion for creating high quality work
- Knowledge of CSS & HTML5 an advantage
2-5 Years Experience, Portfolio with examples of work
25 Days holiday