HTC Creative Labs is looking for a user researcher with 4+ years of experience to join our growing VR user research team. In this role, you will identify opportunities to develop the team’s knowledge of our customers and impact our products through research, and you will draw on varied methodologies to design and execute these research studies. You will be a fully integrated member of the Creative Labs team, working closely together to contribute to HTC's success in the Virtual Reality technology space.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years of user research experience.
- BS/BA in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Applied Anthropology or a closely related field with relevant work experience in user research; a master’s degree with coursework in research methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies and analytic skills; experience with ergonomic evaluation is a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging research findings to impact the product.
- Experience working on multiple research projects at different phases, from early-phase exploration to prototype testing to post-release data analysis.
- Experience shipping products from concept to creation; experience with VR products is preferred.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, user researchers, artists, and developers.
- Experience self-directing their own work in ambiguous or chaotic environments.
- A passion for the future of VR.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
We should get to know each other if you:
- Are thrilled by the chance to observe, learn, and understand the behaviors, needs, and desires of people using VR.
- Are committed to making an impact with your work.
- Love to work with professionals from different disciplines to create great products.
- Enjoy finding interesting questions to answer, and finding interesting ways to answer questions.
- Love to work with international, cross-cultural teams.
- Proactively identify research needs for each of your assigned projects.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to define research project objectives and develop research solutions to meet those objectives.
- Design and conduct generative research to inspire new design concepts.
- Design and conduct evaluative research to validate and refine interaction designs and deliver successful user experiences.
- Conduct secondary research to provide a comprehensive perspective on a design topic.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources, including business intelligence data, to understand users’ behavior.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, developers, and external research vendors to manage projects and deliver research findings on schedule.
- Work closely with designers, developers, and project managers to ensure that your research impacts the product.
- Collaborate with teams outside of Creative Labs, including business, marketing, and industrial design, to coordinate research efforts and share insights.
- Use research findings to refine VR UX guidelines, and to communicate UX guidelines and usability feedback within HTC and to our partners.
- Contribute to an evolving design culture at HTC.
- Advocate for the user within the UX team and the product teams.
HTC Creative Labs provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei and San Francisco to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for some of HTC’s most significant product design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating amazing software experiences to accompany our cutting-edge HTC Vive hardware. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, researchers and writers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oSus5fwD&s=UXPA