Gloo, LLC, headquartered in downtown Boulder, Colorado is a technology company building software for people development. We serve a variety of customers including non-profits, addiction recovery centers, churches, healthcare systems, and corporate businesses - essentially any organization where people development is critical to success. Our goal is to give our customers the power to change more lives, scale their missions, and make an impact. We are growing, learning and looking for talented professionals who are driven to have a positive impact on humanity. Interested?
As a key member of our product team you bring a deep understanding of user-centered design processes that will help drive on our bold product vision to market. As a thought leader on the team, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior members in UCD best practices. You’ll work hand-in-hand with UX researchers/Product Owners to understand your users’ goals; then translate those insights into design flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and content strategies across our entire platform. You are a critical, inventive thinker with great design sense, a deep understanding of information architecture, a passion for data-driven decision making, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively across a cross-functional team. Your experience working on real products that people use every day and you can’t wait to share those talents with us!
What you’ll bring along:
- Undergraduate degree in HCI, industrial/product design, or a related discipline.
- At least 6 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative/qualitative data to drive the design and experience of interactive websites and native apps.
- Strength in information architecture, wireframing, interaction design, rapid prototyping, and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process.
- Expert level knowledge of user-centered design methodologies with the desire to influence and mentor the team in the value of process-oriented approach to UX.
- Deep understanding of usability heuristics in order to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystem properties.
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, salespeople, then constructively integrate feedback.
- Proficiency in modern design software like Sketch, InVision, and Principle
- Thrive in an environment where “what if” is commonplace
- Organized professional capable of managing your time, tasks and activities without daily guidance while coordinating a team through effective delegation
- Love working with people and play well as a member of the team
- Driven to help others – it feeds your soul
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing thought leadership, executional precision, mentorship and process governance for our nascent user-centered design methodology.
- Collaborating with UX Researchers and Product Owners to drive usability research that validates designs, then adroitly adapting those designs to user input even if it means hitting the reset button.
- Quickly iterating on parallel design explorations to arrive at an elegant, simple, yet powerful solution that meets the needs of several vertical target markets.
- Engaging in participatory design activities with customers, to better understand their needs and deliver deeply meaningful experiences.
- Conceptualizing usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Designing solutions with clear information architecture and hierarchy vision, user interaction model and user flows.
- Performing heuristic evaluations of current platform state to uncover and address architectural inefficiencies.
Our team members enjoy:
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Full suite of benefits including bonus and equity
- 5 coffee shops within walking distance in beautiful downtown Boulder