We’re looking for visual designers who specialize in Information and Interaction Design. The appropriate candidate loves making sense of complex things (whether information, data, controls or even conceptual in nature) with the intention of reframing it into something simple, elegant, and actionable. You’ll enjoy asking tough questions to help deconstruct the problem and mine for insights. And in general, you’ll love producing high quality, clever, designs that elegantly solve the problem and not surprisingly delight the users. Ideal candidates are part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers.
We sit within a Product Management organization and so we are serious creating tools and services that improve peoples’ lives (at work) and achieve clear business goals. Our users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry) and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to it. As a UX team, we have to ‘go deep’ into the problem-space drawing from the various techniques designers have for finding insights that others can’t. And, as with any successful product or service, our designs solve users’ problems but also guide a product’s evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
Operating similar to an internal agency, we’ll take on a good variety of business-critical projects where design is a necessary part of the solution. In the New Product Development group, our role is to drive an agenda of innovation by helping to identify and evolve the best ideas by partnering up with our skilled team of data scientists, engineers, and business owners to figure out the best path to success.
Candidates must have:
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex applications, sites, mobile et. al.
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing his/her depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive products/sites, and where possible data visualization.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a professional capacity as a visual designer on highly interactive and data rich applications
Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design
The UI Designer role is an integral part of the team. They are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications. They lead the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends (e.g. data science, block chain, and new application frameworks). Other responsibilities include the following.
- Create and evolve the visual design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
- Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the product
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of red-lines and assets) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards
How to Apply
* Please provide either the email address to send resumes to, a link to the detailed job posting, or both, plus any additional instructions.
Email your resume to James Donnelly at email@example.com. Subject line should read “Application for UI Designer in NY - UXPA Job Board”