User Research Lead – Bose Hear Emerging Business –
We are seeking a Principal User Researcher to join our small but growing team at Bose to help us bring new kinds of products to anyone who wants to Hear Better.
The Bose Hear Emerging Business is a new, exciting division at Bose where we’ve begun selling an innovative product that can help anyone hear conversations better in noisy places (visit hearphones.bose.com). We want to know more about our current and future customers, and learn how we can make even better products that delight more people. This is a unique opportunity to do creative and impactful work.
- User Research: You have strong user research expertise, including ethnographic, concept testing, and technology assessments with users; usability testing; and collecting secondary research relevant to the team’s needs.
- Analytical Thinking: You have deep critical thinking skills for framing, analyzing, and synthesizing complex problems. You’re trained to deliver thoughtful protocols with the appropriate balance of rigor and speed, and do complex analysis. You can switch between qualitative and quantitative research methodologies with ease.
- Communication: You have excellent visual, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated in your solid portfolio of past work. You can present complex data results of research in a rich compelling manner verbally and visually.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Innovation: You have experience with innovation and new-to-the-world consumer products and businesses. You have an affinity for emerging technology, market trends, and new gadgets.
- Passion: You are driven – in your personal and professional life – by a burning desire to make a difference and change the world.
- Organization: You multi-task and prioritize your own work, and balance the conflicting demands of product development, user testing, channel development, and launch planning.
- Curiosity: You wonder about what makes customers happy. You ask many questions about what motivates customers to seek solutions to their needs.
- Collaboration: You enjoy engaging with multiple team members and value diverse perspectives. You are open to feedback and embrace the exchange of ideas and working together.
Master’s or Doctoral degree in Human Factors Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Behavior Sciences, Experimental Psychology or a related field, with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
Occasional travel, domestic and international (10-25%).
As the Principal User Researcher on our team, you will be responsible for a variety of user research plans, analyses and presentations. In some cases, you will execute on the plans, and others you will enlist internal or external partners to carry out the research. You will create a holistic view of the user in all their complexities. You’ll work as a trusted partner with all our disciplines and teams. Your role will be to bring user research insights to the whole team, as a critical input to our learning and decision making.