Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Silvis
Function: Product Engineering
Title: User Experience Researcher - 25475
What Skills You Need
- 1+ year of experience applying a user-centered design process.
- 1+ year of experience executing usability studies.
- 1+ year of experience applying UX principles to product design.
- Experience in roles that required demonstration of excellent communication skills (written, verbal, comprehension, and presentation).
- Experience working in a team environment.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience (academic or practical) with visual design / prototyping tools.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of user research methods such as ethnography, structured interviews, eye-tracking, etc.
- Experience in roles that demonstrate an understating of how to represent user populations using meaningful personas.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross functional, multi-disciplinary product team.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Arts/Science in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Design, Anthropology or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
As a User Experience Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of the user-centered design process to define, test, and design the User Experience (UX) of John Deere agricultural equipment and solutions. You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment, and collaborate across functional groups to advocate for the end-user and help Deere deliver differentiated experience. In addition, you will:
- Remain current on the latest tools, methods, and literature associated with user-centered design.
- Lead the development and execution of user experience goals on a set of customer facing products.
- Perform summative and formative usability testing across the product life-cycle.
- Represent User Experience as a team member, assigned to one of the John Deere agricultural product lines teams to “bake in” the John Deere UX design philosophy into our products.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role. ***
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.