We’re seeking a passionate designer to drive the experience of our products. You’ll focus on our customers’ needs, working closely with the product managers and developers on the team to design new features and proactively improve existing functionality. We’re a small team and you’ll own and evangelize the user experience of our platform. Sound exciting? Great, read on!
ActiveProspect www.activeprospect.com is a marketing Software as a Service platform for lead acquisition success. We help marketers automate their unique processes for acquiring qualified sales leads, building accurate email subscriber lists, and providing superior transparency for legal compliance. Each month, millions of opt-in Internet leads are processed on the ActiveProspect platform on behalf of customers across a wide range of industries. As lead generation innovators, we invented the concept of lead certification to help marketers independently verify the origin and authenticity of Internet leads. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX.
- A serious passion for user-centered design and an understanding of how to unite user goals with those of our business.
- Five or more years of experience as a designer, at least three of which were working on web-based products or services.
- An impressive portfolio that showcases your UX chops (wireframes, user stories, flows) and visual design skills (prototypes, live or archived Web sites).
- Examples of situations where you gathered and used data to drive decisions and solve problems.
- Experience conducting, documenting and sharing the findings from in-context observations and user interviews.
- Ability to jump from high level concepts into detailed design conversations, and back again.
- You are collaborative and communicative by nature.
- You are driven to make the complex as simple as possible.
- Transform a complex set of interconnected systems into an interface that is human-friendly, helping our customers to feel like heroes.
- Regularly talk with our customers to understand their goals and essential tasks, applying that research to your design decisions. Share your findings with the team so everyone learns and the product benefits.
- Advocate for our users through every step of product definition and development.
- Establish and extend interface standards for each of our products, crafting a consistent set of elegant experiences across our platform over time.
- Drive the development and communication of clear design guidelines, patterns, libraries, and assets; work closely with the team to implement the vision.
- Work closely with developers to design and implement solutions for challenges large and small.
- Participate in the definition of new features and product changes.
- Mock up ideas in low fidelity to show off a quick idea (whiteboards! napkins! whatever!) or in high fidelity for detailed feedback (Photoshop, Sketch, InVision - it’s up to you).
- Transform mockups into lightweight prototypes for in-house and external user testing.
- Validate designs through research, including usability best practices, analytics, and direct interaction with customers, product managers and Client Success.
- Remain current on UI design trends and technologies; know when to innovate and when to stick with the tried and true.
- Champion high priority UX needs so they are properly prioritized on the roadmap.
What we're offering
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Quarterly bonuses based on profit growth
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Your choice of MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt Display
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid attendance to one tech conference of your choosing per year
- We don’t support IE8 or older
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table, kegerator, and snacks