Founded in 2003, Cambria Solutions, Inc. (Cambria) is a national information technology and management consulting firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, with offices in Los Angeles, California; Olympia, Washington; Jackson, Mississippi; Washington, DC; Atlanta, Georgia; and Tallahassee, Florida.
Cambria builds custom-tailored solutions helping clients successfully deliver their most important projects and solve their most difficult challenges using ingenuity and a distinctly humanized approach, something we like to call HumanGenuity™.
Since its founding, the company has experienced double-digit growth nearly every year. Cambria has been recognized six times by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation's 5000 fastest-growing private companies, most recently in 2014. Cambria was also selected in 2014 as one of Consulting magazine’s “Seven Small Jewels.”
The Senior Consultant: User Experience (UX) is responsible for the overall user experience on a technology-enabled project that is aimed at resolving one or more business problems. They will create a user experience playbook, establish human-centered design culture and practices within the project. They own the overall vision for the implementation of user experience for Cambria clients and drive work with client and vendor partners. They have a great breadth of knowledge across user research, interaction, experience, accessibility, and usability and are generally familiar with all workstreams of the software delivery lifecycle and system implementation and understand how different devices (screen sizes) work with different user interaction paradigms. The position is located in Sacramento, California.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IS, IT, or relevant field plus 5 years relevant progressive experience.
- At least five (5) years of full-time equivalent (FTE) experience leading user-centered digital service teams and working collaboratively with design, technology, and policy teams to provide services that meet user needs.
- At least seven (7) years of FTE experience in user research, service design, using analytics to support both business cases and hypothesis-led design processes, and leading and supporting service design for cross-channel and multi-stakeholder services.
- Must have designed and implemented at least one (1) user research program for a service with 100 or more users.
- At least five (5) years of FTE experience working with agile product management, in particular determination of vision, objectives, goals, and success criteria; and removing unnecessary barriers to service delivery.
- At least two (2) years of FTE experience using best practices in user research and service design, open-source software projects, and participation in a community of design and user research professionals.
Personal/Business Skills and qualities:
- Upbeat attitude
- Motivated, Self-starter
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Team player
Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver solutions and provide consistent value that will impact our communities. Interested in joining Cambria? Please remit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Cambria Solutions is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status and/or registered domestic partner status, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or Vietnam veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Prepare and deliver monthly status reports
- Collaborate with service managers in the development of the definition of the product strategy.
- Coordinate the scheduling of field user research with service managers.
- Ensure user research findings are shared with service managers and assist in developing corresponding user stories.
- Ensure that the product strategy and execution aligns with end user needs, brand positioning, business requirements and team resources.
- Develop a user experience playbook, which includes best practices, methodologies, and processes for each of the following areas, but is not limited to: Service Design, Accessibility and Inclusive Design.
- Drive a user-centered design methodology across consumer, and business, focused applications.
- Lead user research and usability testing on existing and proposed functionality. Oversee the user research and design team practices and ensure adherence to the user experience playbook.
- Assist in developing user researcher staff and director duty statements.
- Participate as a subject matter expert to assist the project in the development of a user research team.
- Lead the user research team sprint reviews and retrospectives and resolve impediments to the team’s progress.
- Lead the user research team in determining the need for assisted digital support for each of the services.
- Lead the user research team “Alpha” reviews and resolve impediments to the team’s progress to deliver a working alpha prototype and understand what is needed to deliver a beta.
- Lead the user research team “Beta” reviews and resolve impediments to the team’s progress to deliver a live version for stakeholders.