Nationwide Insurance is seeking a Senior Researcher who will report to the Director of Design Research in Nationwide UX (User Experience).
The Design Research team uses a combination of remote and in-person qualitative and quantitative methods to gather insight on user needs and preferences and to formally evaluate existing end-user interfaces, prototypes and early stage concepts.
You will be joining a small, experienced team and your time will be split between:
- Partnering with other researchers to develop, deploy and optimize research processes (25%)
- Contributing to planning activity and ensuring that users of our onsite research facility have the best possible experience (25%)
- Designing and executing mixed-methods remote and in-person research that is intended to guide the design and development of our digital products and services (50%)
Nationwide Design Research is an internal service and our clients may be a combination of UX professionals, business managers, IT personnel or another discipline.
You’ll need to be an organized, personable, process-focused professional with strong written, numerical and verbal communication skills. You’ll also need a good understanding of UX process and an ability to lead discussions around the design and execution of mixed-methods research.
A Bachelor’s degree in HCI (human computer interaction), human factors, psychology, cognitive science or related field is essential.
What sets Nationwide’s User Experience team apart from others? It’s a dynamic group with a diverse culture that embraces the value of strategic design thinking. We function like an agency and offer a wide array of exposure to multiple business segments in insurance, financial services and banking. We collaborate with creative talent across all UX disciplines; work in small, collaborative project teams; and a have highly engaging, friendly work environment. The UX team has a seat at the table when clients make strategic decisions; as the researcher, you’ll represent the voice of the customer to assist clients with these decisions.
- Partner with research staff, UX practitioners and other professionals to develop method statements, screening protocols, recruitment plans, fielding plans and other project management artifacts.
- Ensure that project expectations and constraints are captured and communicated.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that project timelines are managed pragmatically and efficiently.
- Execute rigorous, mixed methods research that effectively integrates quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Identify gaps, inconsistencies and other opportunities to optimize process and communication.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to share findings and success stories through internal platforms such as our intranet.
- Coordinate communication between recruiting partners, vendors, clients and the business.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Research Center and that the experience is optimized for participants, researchers and business.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and the privacy and security expectations of Nationwide Insurance.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org