- UX Portals
UX is related to many different disciplines and we link to organizations and resources that members find value in.
- ACM - Association for Computing Machinery
- ACM/SIGCHI - Special interest group on Computer-Human Interaction
- The Ergonomics Society - Professional society based in the UK
- HCD-Net - Human centered design organization in Japan
- HFES - Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IFIP - International Federation for Information Processing
- ITG - Internet Technical Group
- STC - Society for Technical Communications
- STC Usability and User Experience Community
- STC Information Design SIG
- ASI Web Indexing SIG
- IEEE-PCS - Professional Communication Society of IEEE
- ACM/SIGDOC - Special Interest Group for Documentation
- ASIS&T - American Society for Information Science and Technology
- IAI - Information Architecture Institute (formerly AIfIA)
- DMI - Design Management Institute
- AIGA - American Institute of Graphic Arts
- IXDA - Interaction Design Association
ISPI - International Society for Performance Improvement
This web site from the Society for Technical Communication is a popular portal with several strong collections of resources:
- Topics in Usability is a collection of annotated links on topics from card sorting to readability research.
- Usability Labs and Recruiting is a list of rental labs and recruiting firms, organized by their location.
- The Usability Toolkit contains templates, forms and samples for all aspects of usability testing.
- The Usability Bookshelf is an extensive bibliography (originally assembled by Chauncey Wilson) of usability and design books.
This is the web site of a project funded by the European Union to promote usability and user-centered design. It focuses on tools and methods and advocacy:
- The Tools and Methods section includes an interactive tool to select appropriate methods for a project.
- Usability for Managers includes extensive links to support for usability and basic information for managers interested in usability.
- International Standards has information about the standards process and a summary of key HCI standards.
This resource for designing "usable, useful and accessible Web sites and user interfaces" is a project of the National Cancer Institute.
- Usability Basics is an excellent starting point for the 'what and why' of usability.
- Usability and Accessibility
- Usability Evaluation Methods links to a step-by-step usability guide for conducting usability testing.