We Are Hiring
You’ve designed products. You’ve designed experiences. Now come join us in building the future of people-centered healthcare. Be a part of creating something special from the ground up that truly makes a difference.
Why Join Ascension
Ascension is driving the future of healthcare through our nation-wide transformation intiative. We have established an in-house, interdisciplinary Design team tasked with designing the technology-enabled services and experiences of healthcare across the entire spectrum of care delivery. This team – in deep collaboration with colleagues in research, product management, technology, clinical practice, and more – uses human-centered design methods to understand the needs and motivations of our patients and providers and bring solutions to life.
What You Will Do
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating new patient and clinician digital experiences across healthcare touchpoints; including web communications, web applications, health record interfaces, communication systems, native mobile apps, telemedicine systems, and more.
The work of your team includes research and synthesis to understand latent user needs, design explorations to iteratively generate design options, ample prototyping to bring ideas to life, collaboration with product, technology, marketing, and clinical colleagues, and a relentless passion for engaging directly with the user to continuously improve the experience.
Your role will be part of the early formation of the interdisciplinary Design team, and you will help to put best practices in place for the team’s digital design operations. You will teach your peers and mentor less experienced designers, and you will be part of bringing design and design thinking to non-design colleagues across the organization.
- Lead strategic digital design projects from conception to execution
- Establish digital design operations and support UX team development
- Represent digital design capabilities with executive leaders across the organization
Where You Will Work
You will get to work in our brand new, creatively stimulating, office space we are calling the “Digital Studio” in Austin, TX (#1 in U.S. News Rankings - Best Places to Live). We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that’s why our Digital Studio comes stocked and offers a variety of unconventional workspaces.
What You Will Need
Expert capability in digital interface design and the use of human-centered design methods are critical to this role. An understanding of how digital experiences connect to and are shaped by service design, communications design, technology, and marketing strategies is highly valued, as is experience with healthcare, ecommerce techniques, and behavioral economics.
- Empathy for the user and a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) practices and principles
- Ability to identify design opportunities and iteratively evaluate and refine concepts through user-centered research and synthesis
- Collaborating with colleagues to generate many possible design solutions
- Rapid prototyping to bring concepts to life in service of learning and advancing understanding of user needs and behaviors
- Conducting feedback discussions with users and internal stakeholders to refine concepts
- Experience in both digital and non-digital flavors of UX
- A basic understanding of various technologies, including a sensibility of technical limitations and an interest in the latest technological advancements
- Aptitude in aligning product designs to business strategies and goals
- Fluency in prototyping across a variety of media, such as sketching, user stories, user journeys, wireframes, Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, etc.
- A high level of proficiency with design management and the experience to advance the team’s design operations
- Excellent interdisciplinary team collaboration skills, including team leadership
Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant design field preferred, although High school degree/GED + substantial work experience will be considered.
5+ years professional design experience required; experience working in healthcare preferred. Must have a strong portfolio that visually showcases strength and diversity of work.
*** Please include a link to your portfolio in your application ***
We want you to show off your initiative, intuition, and results from whatever you’ve been working on in the past. Please share your portfolio of work. Tell us what inspires you. Show us what you’ve been up to, and we will do the same!