Are you passionate about problem solving through the lens of user-centric design? Come join our growing product team for Banno (banno.com) at Jack Henry. Help us make a real, positive impact on people’s daily lives. Our mission is to give the best possible experience a user can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the digital banking ecosystem. Building products that both empower and delight. As a Product Designer you will help to craft a variety of Banno user experiences that span across the web, mobile and beyond.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness — the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have meaningful impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With our small team of product designers, we place a high value on individuals who are self-motivated and can work across the design disciplines of IA, UX, and visual design.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want as long as your work hours match US business hours. Travel will be up to 5% for onsite user testing and attending conferences.
Must have a minimum 3 years of professional experience in UX and or UI design.
Must have a portfolio link on your resume, or a combined resume and portfolio PDF in order to be considered for the position.
Experience with industry standard design and prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, Principle or similar programs.
Experience with best practices and design patterns for web and mobile environments.
Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints while designing thoughtful solutions.
- Turns high level product requirements into workflows and designs.
- Creates clean, intuitive, and responsive interfaces with reusable design patterns.
- Creates wireframes and prototype interfaces for testing, analysis, and review to ensure technical business needs are met with user interface design.
- Assists with new user interface testing and participates in usability reviews to get feedback on new designs.
- Collaborates with development, product management, and customers to understand and establish the user requirements for current and future software applications.
- Ability to confidently communicate the rationale of design decisions.
- Creates detailed specifications for user interface designs to guide development teams.
- Ensures products meet high standards of usability and design excellence.
- Remains current on user interface design trends and programming techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary.
- Plans and implements standards for design concept and implementation. May evaluate technologies against industry standards.
- Approaches design from a humble perspective that places a high level of importance on user empathy.
- Communicates clearly and effectively across small teams to foster a friendly collaborative work environment.
- Rapidly iterates on design solutions based on feedback and technical needs.
Culture of Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays, Flexible Work Arrangements, Casual Dress Code, Community Involvement, Paid Parental Leave
Financial Wellness: Generous 401(k) Plan Matching Contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Healthcare: High-Deductible Health Plan (HDP), Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions, PPO Plans (HMO also available in California), Dental and Vision Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts
Well Being: On-Site Biometric Screenings, Fitness Challenges, Wellness Objectives and Incentives, Short and Long-Term Disability, Tobacco-Free Campuses
How to Apply