Please note that this is a remote, six-month contract position. Some travel is required.
Must include a portfolio link to be considered for this position.
We are seeking a User Experience Designer to provide compelling designs and experiences for our online learning products in the education market. The UXD must be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, and customer journey maps. The UXD will also be expected to support the overall design and functionality of products, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon them in accordance with user-testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Art/Design, Marketing, Computer Science or related fields
- 3 years of UX design experience, especially as it pertains to instructional design and the creation of learning experiences and materials in a manner that results in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments highly preferred
- Experience with online learning instructional design highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Understanding of standards for usability by persons with one or more disabilities (WCAG 2.1, 508 compliance, ADA) and the implication on product design and user interactions.
- Understanding of UDL Framework (Universal Design for Learning) and its impact on developing product experiences for all people based on scientific insights into how humans learn.
- Ability to work across departments to understand detailed requirements, design complete user experiences, synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design implications, and communicate designs with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to implement UX design best practices to design solutions
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to resolve user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Familiarity with SaaS products or software in the K-12 space highly preferred
- Translate concepts into user flows, storyboards, wireframes, and comps
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Deliver, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features, user engagement and instructional design
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s96cnxg8qp42jvbj