The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation...we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
- Create, design and implement strategic road maps for the customer experience journey to improve airport passenger satisfaction; identify areas for improvement for customer satisfaction through data analytics and survey results to craft the customer journey road map.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Business Analytics and Airport Arts programs, as well as community influencers, stakeholders (internal and external) and other departments to enhance the design and feel of the terminals; remain current on industry trends as it relates to customer experience and innovation to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Coach and foster teams, competencies, accountability, development, diversity, inclusion, learning, customer focus and productive work environment; recognize and reward achievements, complete corrective action and oversee consulting services.
- Determine processes for achieving team goals consistently with overall organizational vision including the design and implementation of end-to-end consumer experiences and capabilities; champion the efforts to deliver a consistent experience and customer satisfaction; identify solutions and convert insights into strategic opportunities.
- Support the Authority’s transformation by establishing a rigorous customer experience practice for new experiences with customers, employees, and partners; lead the Authority to define and refine experiences based on the Brand Promise, the customer experience vision and research-based customer understanding.
- Leadership: Motivates peers through relationship, expectation and attitude; develops others, recognize achievements and completes work objectives.
- Project Management: Ability to conceptualize and manage issues, objectives, strategy accurately and actionably, prioritizes customer experiences, touch points, and moments of truth that best meet the overall objectives.
- Influence: Development and engagement of stakeholders to shape outcomes, collaboration to deliver solutions, ability to gain others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Critical Evaluation: Analytical thought leadership, interpreting research-based customer insights, identification of trends, create customer experience design tools and methods to be used by the broader organization, and formulate recommendations, respond to complex situations and trends.
- Agility: Readily adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to articulate and relate information or implement solutions with different audiences, effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills, flexibility in approaching work situations, negotiation skills, manage change; skills to communicate clearly, establish and clarify ideas and expectations, conflict resolution listen and engage others, collaborate effectively.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in business administration, communications, marketing or a closely related field; and
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and managing of customer experience programs and at least two of which were in a management capacity;
- Or an equivalent combination or training and experience.
In addition to competitive compensation, our rewards include a robust benefits program, employee recognition programs, work life balance and resources to support professional growth. Highlights of our programs for eligible team members include:
- Medical & Dental Insurance – HMO, PPO and High Deductible insurance plan options allow you choices to fit individual and family’s needs.
- Wellness Incentives – A variety of incentives encourage and support your well-being.
- Holiday & Paid Time Off – Observance of 13 paid holidays and a minimum of 144 hours of annual paid time off allow you the time to rejuvenate and enjoy your time away from work.
- Retirement Savings Plans – Your future financial security can be achieved with a Defined Benefit Retirement Plan, a VEBA Health Savings Account, a pretax 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and a 401(a) Plan for eligible employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and dependent care costs are easier to manage with voluntary contributions to pre-tax savings accounts.
- Insurance Programs – Employer sponsored Basic Life insurance provides you with peace of Supplemental and dependent coverage is also available.Learning & Development Programs – A variety of on-site and off-site learning opportunities allow you to pursue your professional goals, including reimbursement for qualified education.
- Commuter Transportation Program – To encourage the use of environmentally responsible forms of public transportation, the Authority offers eligible team members a subsidy to offset.
- Voluntary Benefits – Additional benefits offer you the personal security you need with Long Term Disability, Long Term Care Insurance and Pre-Paid Legal for example.
- Business Performance Incentive (BPI)
- Employee Recognition