Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a UX Designer to join the Legrand North America Team in West Hartford, CT. Develop highly differentiated User Experiences and graphical user interfaces across multiple platforms, brands and products for residential and commercial applications.
Bachelor’s degree in User Experience Design, Human Factors Engineering, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Communications, or Graphic Design required.
3+ years in product development with a concentration in user interface design (corporate or consultant)
Online portfolio link that demonstrates the process of user interface design, including: sketching, wire-framing, prototyping, interaction specifications, graphic asset creation, and software development deliverables.
Experience with HTML and web programming a plus.
Experience in Industrial Design a plus.
What Will You Do?
- Develop, author and maintain Design System and guidelines.
- Deliver or oversee graphic assets for production.
- Produce wireframe interaction models for internal communication and prototype testing.
- Create high-resolution simulations for internal alignment and for user research.Work closely with stakeholders (Industrial Design, Marketing and Engineering) in developing on screen experiences that integrate with the product design strategy and development.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage schedules, budgets and outside vendors as well as communicating regularly to management.
- Understand and keep relevant on all brand strategies and business objectives.
- Work with oversee counterparts to leverage best practices and coordinate when developing international product.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates the process of user interface design, including: sketching, wire-framing, prototyping, interaction specifications, graphic asset creation, and software development deliverables.
- Shows ability to author UI Specification Guidelines (UI information architecture) and Design Guidelines.
- Must be able to work within a team as an advocate of the end user,
- Demonstrates the how designs where effective across multiple platforms (mobile, on screen, and product)
- Shows the ability to design effective UI for consumer and/or commercial products and/or software.
- Demonstrates how graphical user interfaces and product interfaces integrate together.
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Able to assist in contextual/ethnographic and/or performance research.
- Ability to develop research methodologies and work alongside field researchers to understand and define project needs.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Self-starter, with the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to produce screen layouts in various levels of fidelity (paper prototypes to wireframes to on-screen prototypes) to support user testing.
- Design interfaces that reflect a consistent visual language as it relates to the target brand.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.