POSITION'S GENERAL PURPOSE: The primary objective of this position is to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction by optimizing the usability of Bass Pro’s digital ecosystem including basspro.com and cabelas.com, as well as our mobile and social efforts. This will be accomplished through a wide range of tasks including user research, analytics, and user-centered design methodologies to drive design decisions that have a direct impact on the user experience. The User Experience Designer has responsibility to lead and perform these tasks at a high level of quality through collaboration with stakeholders, external teams and other project team members. The ideal candidate will be proficient and experienced at performing various forms of user testing, designing user interfaces, detailing design documentation and strong collaboration skills with cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in information design, human factors, HCI, cognitive psychology or related discipline or equivalent education and related training
- Minimum 3 years of experience, 5 years preferred, in a user experience role; user interface/interaction designer, information architect, user researcher
- 2+ years of experience in e-commerce
- Experience designing user interfaces for mobile and tablet devices a plus
- Experience presenting UX findings and recommendations
- Able to provide samples of work demonstrating experience applying user-centered design principles
- Experience producing wireframes, developing standards and providing support for teams who use them
- Experience using design and prototyping tools such as Axure, iRise, or OmniGraffle
- Experience using web analytics tools, such as Web Trends, CoreMetrics or Omniture
- Experience developing, evaluating, and producing results from test and learn processes
- Function effectively as an integral part of a dynamic cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Develop scenarios, task flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors and high-level design strategies for all devices.
- Manage a dynamic workload to balance priorities with deadlines to effectively meet project needs
- Coordinate end-user research efforts, build prototypes, and conduct testing with customers to validate designs through customer feedback
- Presents recommendations to business stakeholders and technical teams to influence decisions that create the best user experience
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and documentation across enterprise business units including CLUB, Digital, Retail.
- Manage the creation, governance, and maintenance of user experience design standards, personas, scenarios and user testing protocols
- Provides input as a cross functional team member to define the overall user experience strategy/road map and user-centered design processes.
- Monitors user experience changes across competitors and other leaders in digital commerce to ensure we maintain an innovative user experience which keeps pace with customer expectations across enterprise business units such as CLUB, Digital, and Retail.
- Support production teams by providing mentoring and feedback for execution of day-to-day activities and coach on implementation of templates and playbooks
Full Corporate Benefit Package (Medical-Dental-Vision-401-K)