The Senior UI/UX Designer role at Small Planet (http://www.smallplanet.com) encompasses both Interaction Design and Visual Design in the service of creating inspired mobile applications and other digital products. Our designers contribute to the entire product lifecycle, from problem validation and UX research, to UX/UI design and development, testing, and iteration.
We are looking for creative and rigorous thinkers who can create elegant and intuitive interfaces and design systems that honor and engage users. We especially value communication, openness, and collaboration.
EVERY DAY, YOU WILL...
- Help frame user problems and business opportunities
- Facilitate UX research through interviews and testing
- Ideate design solutions and validate them
- Create low and high fidelity prototypes
- Create UX documentation as needed — user journeys, interactions flows, wireframes, motion and transitions
- Lead UX and Visual design in coordination with creative directors, developers, producers
- Develop and document comprehensive design systems
- Manage and direct the work of other designers
- Deliver design specs and assets to developers
- Interact with clients
- Articulate and defend design decisions, both internally, and to clients
- Track industry trends and best practices
- Contribute to improving internal processes
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE
- 4+ years of experience in UI/UX design in a client services setting
- Mobile (iOS and Android) and/or web design experience
- Experience with design tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools, such as Invision, Framer, etc.
- Basic illustration skills
- Ability to work quickly and surely in multiple streams and consistently deliver precise and high quality work
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Experience working in sprints on Agile teams
- Clear and confident presentation skills
- A strategic outlook and product sensibility
- Basic understanding of code and how it relates to design
- Inexhaustible curiosity, empathy, and drive to learn and grow