Do you believe design and research should stick together? Do you want to improve the day-to-day experiences of users? Do you love to learn and grow your skills? Are you looking for a mentor to help you reach your career goals?
We’re seeking a UX Designer and Researcher to join our team, and if this sounds like you, we should talk.
- Collaborate with developers, product owners, project managers, member service representatives and executives
- Attend Agile, daily stand up calls for your project(s). Share what you’ve done, what you’re working on, what you learned, and any roadblocks.
- Plan and perform user research. Conduct and analyze interviews, surveys and usability tests. Work with our Data Scientist/UX Analyst.
- Create user stories, wireframes, personas, experience maps, and other artifacts
- Run a workshop or meeting. This could include a UX lunch-n-learns, interview debriefs or wireframe reviews.
- Share or learn a new UX resource daily from our Teams channel
- You’ll work through the entire design process, from empathize to implement.
- You’ll have an opportunity to practice and grow a broad range of UX skills. You'll also have the mentorship of a manager with 15 years of UX experience.
- You’ll work with your manager to define your unique career goals. And you'll have the guidance and resources to achieve them. This includes certifications, conferences, tuition reimbursement and more.
- You’ll design enterprise applications and design pattern libraries. You'll improve the day-to-day experiences of our members and their members (we call them "natural members").
- Your work will have an important and swift effect on the experiences of our members and our staff
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow your leadership skills. You'll do this by facilitating workshops, serving as a UX team lead, and helping define our UX practice.
- You’ll be encouraged to take part in the UX and credit union communities.
- By working on a nimble UX team at a small company, you’ll gain experience in related fields such as project management, product management, business analysis, and communication and presentation skills.
- UX Design
- User Research
- Visual and Interaction Design
- Project Management
- Life-long learner
Nice to have:
- Data Analysis & Visualization
- Front-end Development (html/css)
Our headquarters is in Columbus, OH and we have an office in Jacksonville, FL. This position could work in either location.
Manager, UX Strategy
Member Digital Experience Department
About Corporate One:
We call ourselves a “credit union for credit unions.” This means we provide financial solutions to 750 member credit unions nationwide. Credit unions are cooperatives, which means we’re owned by our members and our goal is to serve them well. From a UX standpoint, this creates a unique dynamic where our users are also our member-owners. Because of this, we share a common goal to create the best experiences possible. Learn more at https://www.corporateone.coop/About-Us/About-Us.aspx
We have a strong benefits package, including casual dress and 20 days of PTO + 10 paid holidays. For more details, visit https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7883c6661393480166369915551dbf
About the Member Digital Experience Department:
Think of us like a start-up within a 70-year old, not-for-profit organization. Our CEO recently created our department after defining user experience as one of our strategic pillars. Since then, we’ve grown from a UX-team-of-one to a nimble team of 4 – a VP, a UX Strategy Manager, a Data Scientist/UX Analyst, and this open position.
We’re excited to infuse user-centered design into our organization, and the feeling is definitely mutual! We’re growing to keep up with demand and adding two new positions, including a summer intern.
We wear a lot of hats and are never afraid to roll up our sleeves and address a challenge. That means some days we’re creating an experience map, and others we’re recruiting research participants. We are a team that continually supports and learns from each others’ unique expertise. And we're very excited to add to our team.
Corporate One FCU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.