Works with a team to contribute to the design and usability of internal and external browser based applications throughout the scope, development, and implementation process. Observes work sessions involving concepts and requirements to learn how to create usable interfaces that are aligned with business goals, user goals, and system constraints while applying best practices.
- 30% Assists in the design of user interfaces on a platform. Develops the skills needed for prototyping, iterating on design solutions, and creating design artifacts.
- 25% Assists in identifying user needs by learning how to elicit user feedback. Observes research activities and task flow analysis needed to test and refine designs based on user feedback.
- 25% Contributes to the development of proper support documentation to maintain the usability integrity of application systems.
- 20% Learns how to communicate with project teams and stakeholders to build an understanding of how audiences interact with applications. Observes audience interaction with applications and how to show user experience best practices to understand the importance of customer collaboration.
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Behavioral Research, Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related field.
- OR, Two years of job related experience plus an associate’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Behavioral Research, Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
- OR, Four years of job related work experience.
Required Work Experience:
- Previous related work experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of technical user experience and usability best practices and methodologies.
- Basic understanding of page layout and interface design concepts.
- Basic understanding of markup and style sheet languages (HTML/CSS) and optimizing design concepts around these technologies.
- Good understanding of graphic design and typography.
- Demonstrates flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
- Basic analytical and research skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including technical and business staff.
- Conceptual problem-solving skills.
Here are just some of the benefits our full-time employees enjoy:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Subsidized health plans and free vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual leave — the longer you work here, the more you earn
- Nine paid holidays
- On-site cafeteria
- Wellness programs and a healthy lifestyle premium discount
- Education assistance
- Service recognition