The UX Designer is a core member of the product team and will play an integral role in a fast growing, cross-functional enterprise team. You will lead the internal team to make user-driven, evidence-based decisions around UX product design and business strategy to bring a product from concept to market. Candidates must be able to confidently present their work, and build alignment among key stakeholders and colleagues.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the Fidelity Centralized Electronic Trading (FCET) team to bring Fidelity’s fixed income offering to a broad consumer-facing user base through intuitive, impactful, and client-driven user experiences.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial design, information technology, computer science, engineering or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- 6+ years of strong professional experience in enterprise design of systems and product suites, user experience design, learning design, and requirements/capabilities design
- Experience with customer research and interactive solution design that can be effectively delivered through lean UX to a development team for implementation
- Experience in financial services, fixed income trading, data analytics, software product, or management consulting strongly preferred
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to collect a succinct and critical set of customer needs, motivations and behaviors and then distill them into deliverable set of requirements, functionality, and/or tasks
- Rapidly assess a client challenge and prescribe a compelling research approach to inform a wide array of outcomes, including product design, business strategy, marketing, and content
- Ability to prioritize design issues based on their impact to the user experience and advocate for changes based on that priority as defined by data, analytics, testing, and metrics
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the value of design decisions to business and technology partners through both quantitative and qualitative rationale
- Construction and execution of conjoint analysis, ethnographic interviews, workflow diagrams, frameworks, and enterprise design principles that distill complicated process and dynamics into a digestible means for communication, problem solving, and product design to a development partner
- Hands-on design skills in wireframes, persona development and visual design with tools such as Sketch, Principle, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and communications skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
The Value You Deliver
- You work to create Fidelity enterprise solutions, capabilities, and functional modules within FCM’s Fixed Income’s brokerage platform
- You proactively use, design thinking, data analysis, and fixed income brokerage knowledge to guide informed approaches to product design
- You develop user personas, scenarios and user experience success metrics that can be measured to demonstrate client and/or business objectives within the project; conduct the necessary user research or embedded analytics needed in the process.
- You partnering with Fidelity’s technology development team to ensure technical feasibility and the ongoing development, operations, and releases to Product and Platform
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
How to Apply