EAB is seeking a User Experience Designer who is excited to join our mission-driven team dedicated to improving higher education. Through a combination of best practices research, consulting services and technology solutions, EAB is committed to graduating more students, in less time, at lower cost, with better outcomes.
As part of our growing Student Success Collaborative team, the candidate will work with business strategists using design-thinking methodologies. He or she will deeply understand core problems for college students and conceptualize and test solutions for our Student Success platform. The candidate will be a pivotal member of the product design team who closely partners with business and technical team members to achieve solutions that beautifully balance end user, business and technical needs.
- 4+ years of professional work experience in UX design including formative user research, concept modeling, site organization models, site maps, process flows, wireframes and functional specifications;
- Basic experience in planning, executing, and reporting results of a variety of quantitative and qualitative usability and user research studies;
- Familiarity with common user-centered design activities such as user interviews, user testing, mental models, journey maps, user archetypes, behavioral models, and conceptual models to guide the product evolution along a user centered approach;
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, with a focus in information architecture, human computer interaction, interaction design, product design, cognitive or experimental psychology;
- Experience researching and designing education or consumer applications or mobile apps
- Familiarity with cross-browser and mobile implementation;
- Experience designing for consumer facing applications;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile development environment;
- Experience or comfort working with large, multi-disciplinary teams;
- Familiarity with WCAG accessibility guidelines.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
401(k) retirement plan with company match
Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy