The UX Designer II will design a user experience that is useful, usable and desirable. The UX II will identify and satisfy both the user and business needs and goals by working collaboratively with cross functional teams, business users and stakeholders. Creating service solutions that positively impact the patience experience is crucial for this role while identifying opportunities for design innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in program such as UX, product development, communication, anthropology, psychology or related discipline from an accredited college or university (comparable degree, Associate's degree, and/or experience will be considered, including internships).
- Experience in the health care or insurance industries a plus.
- Three (3)+ years of experience in research, experience design, consumer product design, service design, product development or related role.
- Two (2)+ years conducting qualitative and quantitative research through methods such as interviewing, observation, surveys, participation activities, and document and literature reviews.
- Demonstrate successful synthesis and analysis. Experience working across the entire design process from user research, insights, ideation, prototyping and iteration, detailed design and bridging to implementation.
- Use captivating channels to build empathy and communicate research insights such as personas, journey maps, and storytelling.
- Experience working across the entire human centered design process from user research, insights, ideation, prototyping and iteration, experience design and bridging to implementation.
- Experience supporting digital product development and proven ability to translate business and user problems into solid solutions (preferred).
- Experience in the following with a depth of expertise in at least one area: strategy formation, ethnographic research, user research, storytelling, ideation, concept development, iteration, and rapid testing.
- Working knowledge of design tools including, but not limited to, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Axure, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, or equivalent software (preferred).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Facilitation and Communication - Ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to digest format utilizing a variety of media and effective storytelling. Effectively communicate research findings and present design recommendations by demonstrating superior oral and visual communication abilities.
- Process Management and Lifecycle - Ability to prioritize amid demands and time constraints while meeting deadlines and schedules as required to develop and bring products into marketplace. Proven track record of taking high-profile projects from concept to completion, aligning stakeholders, clients and contributors.
- Research and Analytics - Demonstrate a strong design-led and human-centered approach to research. Accountable for developing research strategies, executing research activities and analyzing and synthesizing the results.
- Use research insights to facilitate ideation - Apply divergent and convergent thinking to generate ideas and concepts. Apply creativity to test ideas and concepts at a low-fidelity and iterate ideas.