Zions Bancorporation has just opened an opportunity for a UX (User Experience) Research Manager within the Digital Strategy Department based in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are ready to move your career forward, read on.
Zions is one of the nation's premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions operates under local management teams and distinct brands in 11 western states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. The company is a national leader in Small Business Administration lending and public finance advisory services and is a consistent top recipient of Greenwich Excellence awards in banking. In addition, Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices. To better familiarize yourself with our company visit us at: http://www.zionsbancorporation.com/
Banking is being digitally transformed and the impact will be greater than we now imagine. Customers want to interact with us differently and have very demanding expectations of their bank. Fintechs have also been propelling the industry forward. Join our product team to help Zions transform its banking. As the UX Research Manager you will lead UX research strategy and oversee the conduct of generative and evaluative research that supports the design and development of our products and processes. You will be on the ground floor of establishing internal user experience research capabilities, including people, processes and technologies. You will lead at least one other researcher, manage engagements with external UX firms, support the growing practice of CX journey mapping across the enterprise, and execute select research projects.
We know that an exceptional company can only be built by exceptional people, working together as a great team. We value our employees, and we are committed to search out, recognize and create fulfilling opportunities for outstanding people within our organization, and to reward them for their contributions to our success.
If you have the drive, ambition and skills, we want to give you the opportunity. Zions is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Let’s talk about how we can help one another succeed.
Education/Experience, Skill and Abilities
- Must have a Bachelor's degree but graduate degree preferred in human-computer interaction, psychology, human factors, cognitive science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a UX researcher in a product development context
- 2+ years of experience managing and developing a UX Research team
- 2+ years of experience in a UX strategist role
- Prefer 2 years of experience working in the financial services industry, ideally commercial and retail banking
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile design best practices a requirement
- Prior experience managing external vendors a requirement
- Prior experience building a user research organization from the ground up preferred
- Passion for the field of usability and research
- Expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research; Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods; strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills a plus
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, engineers, project managers, and executives
- A proven record of driving change through research and user advocacy
- Possess strong empathy for customers; driven to create outstanding customer experiences
You must want to be part of a motivated and driven team and work with respected leaders. We need someone who is proactive, has a great attitude, is confident and wants to inspire others to achieve bank initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position include:
UX Research Strategy & Planning
- Work with senior stakeholders to identify and prioritize projects.
- Set goals and methods to measure research and design success.
- Identify and select the processes and tools needed to mature our UX practices
- Establish third party relationships and vendor and contractor consultant support as needed to support research plans.
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize research insights throughout the company, to help cultivate a highly-informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
Team Leadership & Management
- Oversee all project phases, from planning and budgeting, to study execution and communication for user research efforts.
- Guide all research efforts to ensure high standards of research quality
- Lead and mentor the user research team by setting a compelling vision and providing coaching that individuals need to grow and produce their best work.
- Grow the team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights and evangelize best practices.
- Forecast resource needs and grow the team to provide necessary capabilities and expertise.
- Plan user research projects in and outside an Agile work process. This includes phasing projects in sprints, scheduling resources and tasks, and executing the work.
Research Execution & Delivery
- Conduct user experience research using generative, formative, and summative research methodologies considering an Agile development framework.
- Work with Product Leadership on product roadmaps by understanding the customer needs and translating those needs into impactful business actions.
- Play a leadership role on a cross-functional team; collaborate with the team to seamlessly integrate UX insights with other findings
- Design and conduct user research on product requirements, user profiles, use cases, user Interface concepts, and perception during development and post-launch
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research including usability tests, interviews, heuristic evaluations, focus groups, experiments, and surveys
- Present findings and make concrete recommendations both verbally and in written form.
- Measure success of research projects and implement ways to continually improve.
- Stay current and implement research best practices, policies, and procedures for robust, ethical practices
Zions received 16 Greenwich Excellence Awards for the year ended 2017. These awards are created by using more than 30,000 market research interviews with businesses nationwide evaluating over 600 banks. Since the Awards’ inception in 2009, only three other U.S. banks have consistently received as many Greenwich Excellence Awards as Zions Bancorporation. Additionally, Zions has been recognized with middle market awards in Overall Client Satisfaction and Cash Management Overall Satisfaction every year since 2009. To better familiarize yourself with our company visit us at: http://www.zionsbancorporation.com/