Zions Bancorporation has just opened an opportunity for a UX (User Experience) Researcher within the Digital Strategy Department based in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are ready to move your career forward, read on.
Zions is one of the nation's premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions operates under local management teams and distinct brands in 11 western states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. The company is a national leader in Small Business Administration lending and public finance advisory services and is a consistent top recipient of Greenwich Excellence awards in banking. In addition, Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices. To better familiarize yourself with our company visit us at: http://www.zionsbancorporation.com/
Banking is being digitally transformed and the impact will be greater than we now imagine. Customers want to interact with us differently and have very demanding expectations of their bank. Fintechs have also been propelling the industry forward. Join our product team to help Zions transform its banking. As a UX Researcher you will plan and conduct generative and evaluative research that supports the design and development of user-centered products and processes.
We know that an exceptional company can only be built by exceptional people, working together as a great team. We value our employees, and we are committed to search out, recognize and create fulfilling opportunities for outstanding people within our organization, and to reward them for their contributions to our success.
If you have the drive, ambition and skills, we want to give you the opportunity. Zions is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Let’s talk about how we can help one another succeed.
Education/Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Must Have Bachelor's degree but graduate degree preferred in human-computer interaction, psychology, human factors, cognitive science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile design best practices a requirement
- Prefer 2 years of experience working in the financial services industry, ideally commercial and retail banking
- 2+ years of hands-on experience conducting user research on web, mobile and/or desktop experiences in a product development context preferred
- Experience conducting user research in an agile environment a plus
- Passion for the field of usability and research
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Experience with statistical analysis and experimental methods is a plus
- Knowledge of a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods; strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills a plus
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, engineers, project managers, and executives
- Detail oriented and focused on delivering high quality deliverables
- Possess strong empathy for customers and driven to create outstanding customer experiences
You must want to be part of a motivated and driven team and work with respected leaders. We need someone who is proactive, has a great attitude, is confident and wants to inspire others to achieve bank initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct user experience research using generative, formative, and summative research methodologies considering an Agile development framework,
- Work with Product Leadership on product roadmaps by understanding the customer needs and translating those needs into impactful business actions,
- Play a leadership role on a cross-functional team; collaborate with the team to seamlessly integrate UX insights with other findings,
- Design and conduct user research on product requirements, user profiles, use cases, user Interface concepts, and perception during UX R&D, development and post-launch,
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research including customer journey mapping, usability tests, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, focus groups, experiments, and surveys,
- Conduct remote UX testing including card sorting, tree testing, online surveys, A/B split testing and remote usability testing,
- Present findings and make concrete recommendations both verbally and in written form,
- Measure success of research projects and implement ways to continually improve, and
- Stay current and implement research best practices, policies, and procedures