The User Experience Researcher will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research for Sabre products, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful User Experience Researcher must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
Equivalent years of experience in the field of UX research
Human Factors CUA certification (preferred)
- 8+ years related experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports, personas, etc.)
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Understanding of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; able to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying level of the organization
- Advanced computer software skills
- Ability to collect great amounts information and distill into meaningful data
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Understanding of design fundamentals
- Understanding of the agile development process and how UX can be involved
In this position the Senior UX Lead is expected to do the following:
Design, execute, analyze, and report on the following research methodologies:
- Moderated usability testing
- Unmoderated usability testing
- Persona development
- Journey mapping
- In-depth interviews
- Card sorting
- Heuristic evaluations
- Contextual inquiry
- Work on complex products / features individually or as part of a team
- Lead and coach other researchers on best practices of research design, analysis, and reporting
- Interact extensively with product and development in project / roadmap planning
- Conduct research on various form factors including, but not limited to, desktop, mobile, tablet, AI, and VR
- Work in cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current -knowledge, project goals, and risks
- Create research plan for supported products, communicate to product team and, refresh on a regular basis
- Identify the most appropriate methodology based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing
- Collect and report on product metrics to the product team
- Facilitate design workshops with cross-functional teams
- Work with Spark team to ensure products follow Enterprise Design Language (EDL)
- Work with Accessibility team to ensure products meet WCAG guidelines for accessibility
- Analyze product analytics and identify areas to conduct additional research
- Work within agile development process to ensure research findings are incorporated into the product roadmap
- Assist in updating and maintaining usability lab
- Introduce and evaluate new research tools and methodologies to the UX team
- Variable Compensation Plan, which is our yearly bonus at Sabre and is paid out in March for the previous year. For this job code (Lead) the target incentive percentage is 5% of the candidate’s total salary.
- Merit Increases: These are based on performance and paid out in April for the previous year’s performance rating. The % of these vary per team and business unit.
- 401K: We do a 6% 401K match here at Sabre.
- Medical Coverage: We offer a number of coverage choices, including Network only plan, Balanced Choice Plan, Consumer Health Plan, and Sabre Out of Area Plan
- PTO: We offer 15 days of PTO along with 8 company observed holidays and 2 floating holidays.