A strategic team leader. Under the direction of the Vice President, Product, this role collaborates in the creative vision and conception of innovative digital experiences and products. The role focuses on designing solutions that reflect rewardStyle’s ethos and enhances the overall customer/consumer experience. Successful candidates will integrate and execute on design strategy, provide appropriate business, design, consumer and cultural story-telling within the context and parameters necessary. This individual provides leadership and management of design team members and acts as an advocate for experience research and its integration with design.
Ideal candidates will possess a Portfolio of work demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences, UX research, prototyping, and testing.
- 10 + years of experience designing and leading the design of user interfaces for web/mobile, following user-centered design principles
- 6+ years leading digital design teams
- Strong Portfolio
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design.
- Experience working with stakeholders, product managers and engineers to drive research-based strategy, vision, and execution.
- Lead product discovery initiatives with prototyping, focus groups, and user research.
- Help tell stories with visuals to keep team members aligned and pushing forward product strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on user research to support user-experience based evaluation of competitor products.
- Keep abreast of mobile technologies and latest technology trends in all areas of UI expertise, including best practice for mobile and browser platforms.
- Contribute to the development of product roadmaps, specifications, and internal documentation with product managers.
- Define and manage the product design process.
- Collaborate with the product managers, designers and software developers to define, design and deliver new software products.
- Work closely with technical teams to ensure the successful execution of user interface designs and the preservation of the original design intent in the final product.
Since 2011, rewardStyle has fueled the arrival of a new influence on the retail industry: professional content creators. By providing the innovative technologies, strategic growth consultancy and partnerships necessary to empower a global network of 25,000 premium lifestyle content creators and 4,500 retailers, rewardStyle is making a tangible impact on global e-commerce sales. In 2017 alone, rewardStyle Influencers drove more than $1 billion in online retail sales to our brand partners.
LIKEtoKNOW.it, rewardStyle's consumer-facing shopping platform which makes thousands of pieces of original influencer content actionable each day for millions of consumers worldwide, was launched in 2014. In March 2017, the game-changing LIKEtoKNOW.it app was launched, featuring a proprietary technology that allows consumers to instantly shop their screenshots of influencer-created imagery anywhere they discover it across social media and the mobile web. Only 9 months after launching, the LIKEtoKNOW.it app hit 1 million registered users, outpacing the launch-year user acquisition rate of some of today's most popular content discovery apps.
Honored as one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company, rewardStyle has redirected the lifestyle publishing industry and contributed to the professionalization and financial independence of thousands of influencers worldwide, enabling them to earn meaningful revenue on their digital content and ultimately empowering them to grow their small businesses into internationally-recognized brands.
rewardStyle's Product team is made up of talented customer-focused individuals who are passionate about tackling complex and interesting problems at large scale and continuously delivering innovative products and features. Today, #rStheFamily has 250+ team members working from rewardStyle offices in Dallas, London, New York, Shanghai, São Paulo, Los Angeles, and Berlin.
- Competitive PTO
- 401k matching