University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer.
The Student and Academic Technologies department is in search for a entrepreneurial and forward-thinking UX designer to be a user interaction and user interface leader and executor on a University-wide Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) application.
This tremendous opportunity includes designing many Salesforce applications, workflows, features, and interfaces in a fast paced, Agile environment with a dynamic team. The CRM project is part of a mission defined as critical by the University strategic plan and will impact all colleges and departments.
- 3-5 years of experience as a UX/Product Designer.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Salesforce as an application development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable interactive interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience in designing user experiences with web and mobile prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both with team members and customers.
- Experience working in both waterfall and Agile software development environments.
- Experience designing for Salesforce Lightning.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A solid knowledge about wokring in a user-centered design process.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize design based on user research.
- Strong skills with informaiton architecture, navigation development and content organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing user task flows, with an eye toward minimizing unnecessary clicks and task interruption.
- Demonstrated experience with interaction design, including visual feedback to the end-user about actions completed, neddeded, etc.
- Command of usability interaction pricinciples for business applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and creative thinker who can produce mutiple options for paths forward.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating regularly with Business Analysts and end users.
- Translating business requirements and end user requirements into Salesforce realities.
- Inventing information architectures.
- Designing workflows based on user needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here: https://whyua.arizona.edu/