As the Web Designer for EBSCO’s Web Marketing team, you will be responsible for creating and driving engaging digital experiences. The Web Designer will serve as a cross-functional team member; working on information architecture, content strategy, schemas, testing, visual design, and high fidelity prototyping. This role will collaborate with fellow User Experience Designers, Web Developers, Content Writers, Design Team Members and Marketing/Business Stakeholders to understand the goals of each project and drive the team to execute.
The Web Designer will report to the Marketing Web Design Strategy Manager.
- 2+ years web design or UX design experience
- A strong portfolio of process work and interactive designs, design systems, web sites and/or web applications that can be evaluated as part of the interview process
- 2+ years experience and mid-high-level skills in graphic software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards
- Familiarity working with HTML and CSS
- Experience working with a design system, brand guidelines, etc.
- Advocate for design and user consistency across all EBSCO assets, leverage visual design skills to improve overall experience on EBSCO websites
- Translate content into user flows, wireframes, visual and interactive designs that improve the overall experience of EBSCO websites
- Build prototypes at the appropriate fidelity for stakeholder presentations, design critiques, and requirements-gathering
- Keep up with the latest web design trends by following web thought leadership and information design
- Engage the project teams in creative sessions, run design-thinking sessions to foster collaboration
- Develop user interaction schemas to collaborate with leadership on information architecture, navigation, and content hierarchy direction
- Use visual hierarchy principles to support information-finding, navigation, and web conversions
- Understand business goals and project requirements to inform design decisions
- Develop and maintain project design requirements
- Aid leadership in research and drive usability testing