History-making (but modest) university with a charming nerdy side seeks a web strategist. Must love community, curiosity, and dogs.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) is hiring an associate director of web strategy and user experience with the creative mindset, collaboration and leadership skills, and technical knowledge to move from vision to reality in optimizing our web presence.
You will collaborate closely with colleagues in design, web development, IT, communications, and marketing. Responsibilities range from leading high-level discussions about UMBC’s digital communications goals to executing and evaluating specific strategies and projects to improve user experience, ROI, and impact.
What will your day look like? In addition to focusing on our web user experience strategy and roadmap, and executing associated projects, you’ll manage brand fidelity across high-level UMBC web properties. You’ll also guide metrics reporting and analysis in collaboration with colleagues, including supervising a new marketing and communications analytics specialist. And you’ll have an opportunity to plan and conduct user research.
This position reports to the director of communications and content strategy in UMBC’s Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA). UMBC and OIA value diverse perspectives and prioritize inclusive excellence as a core principle. We actively welcome candidates of all backgrounds and identities.
This position a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, data science, information systems, or a related field.
- This position requires at least two years of experience (preferably more) in a combination of these areas:
- Creating and quantitatively evaluating digital communications and compelling user experiences;
- Solving complex communication problems and designing superior experiences for large-scale programs;
- Leading and/or facilitating cross-functional teams and producing effective results from groups of diverse stakeholders and colleagues;
- Employing user testing methodologies and tools to complete user research; and
- Effectively utilizing Google Analytics and WordPress.
We prefer candidates have at least five years of experience in content strategy, digital content development, project management, information architecture, UX design, UX research, web development, and/or digital communications. This includes the oversight, management, and implementation of digital marketing or communications campaigns with a focus on the user experience.
This is a full-time staff position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and compensation includes full university benefits.
Please also provide answers of up to 150 words each to the following three questions (upload under Supporting Documents as a single document):
• What is one example of a past project related to this position that you are particularly proud of? Please include your role in executing that project, why you are proud of it, and what quantitative or qualitative metrics you used to gauge its success.
• What is one example of a project where you faced a challenge and learned something that you applied to your subsequent work? It could be the same or a different project from the prior question.
• What is one aspect of web strategy and user experience work that you think is often misunderstood and how would you explain it to a colleague in another field?
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and responses to the application questions by Monday, January 7, 2019 (application materials will be accepted until the position is filled).at: http://listings.umbc.edu/cw/en-us/job/492825?lApplicationSubSourceID=11370