Who We Are:
At Tallo we are in the business of connecting students, schools, companies, and possibilities through our innovative platform to showcase student talent. We are the first online solution that assists students in designing a career pathway, educators in recruiting top talent to their schools, and employers in developing a stable, continuous talent pipeline.
As the landscape of the modern workforce continues to change, Tallo provides solutions to confront the unique challenges of our time, and provide practical pathways to connect within a new framework.
This is the platform where the tools, resources, data, and connections meet to create the optimal environment for growth. Our mission is to create prosperity and possibility for students, educational institutions, and companies -- together.
Overview of Role:
We’re looking for a seasoned Designer to help us grow our Experience Design Practice. You’ll serve as an expert on design processes and create compelling, enjoyable, and valuable user experiences that radically increase user adoption and engagement.
You have a strong record of designing successful web and mobile experiences and value being part of an end to end research and design process. You make informed and definitive design decisions and drive them to completion with confidence and diplomacy.
Your ideas and contributions will help further our mission to level the playing field for all students, and connect them with education and employment opportunities.
- 7+ years of experience with User-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and UI Design including a strong track record with large-scale apps that solve complex problems.
- 3+ years of experience with responsive and mobile app design.
- Significant experience developing or collaborating with Visual Design. (We understand that this is only one aspect of the overall Experience Design process.)
- 5+ years experience of user recruitment, participant scheduling, moderator guide development, and facilitation of User Tests as well as incorporating insights and findings into designs.
The candidate should be able to provide examples of:
- Designs that demonstrate thoughtfulness, exceptional problem solving, attention to detail, and in-depth understanding of design and usability principles.
- User recruitment criteria, moderator guides, and findings for User Tests that demonstrate how research was utilized to inform design decisions.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy and serve as a strong collaborator with stakeholders and team members across the company.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Compelling and persuasive presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring intermediate and junior designers.
- Strong planning skills with in-depth experience ensuring research and design activities are on track and on time.
What You’ll Do:
Contribute to the growth of the Experience Design practice at Tallo by defining design and evaluative research processes and educating the company about their importance.
Represent and advocate for a wide variety of users.
Design experiences with hypotheses, concepts, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and design specs.
Conduct User Tests regularly to ensure designs are measurably on track from a user perspective.
Help conduct generative research to understand user needs, attitudes, motivations, and behaviors.
Present research findings and designs to stakeholders and team members.
Drive design decisions and approaches from concept through implementation.
Tallo offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees including 18 days of Paid Leave and 9 Paid Holidays per year. We provide excellent health, dental, and vision insurance as well as retirement benefits.
Our team is committed to driving our compelling mission and creating excellent work within a truly unique and collaborative environment. We value our employees as the most important driver of our success, and we share in that success together.
Our company also holds events for employees such as bowling, holiday parties, and regular team activities. All of this in an innovative and fun team-oriented workspace.