We’re searching for a UI/UX Designer to join our multidisciplinary team working to create novel online learning experiences in medical education — HMX from Harvard Medical School. You’ll have a seat at the table and an opportunity to design innovative...
• interactive learning modules
• data visualizations (static and dynamic)
• learning platform interfaces
This position might be right for you if...
- You love responsive, user-centered design and have in-depth knowledge of design principals, industry standards and trends, and platform standards.
- You’re curious enough to dig in and understand the content (scientific info or data) well enough to make smart choices in layout and user experience.
- You create hi-res and dynamic prototypes with ease and you believe that testing, feedback, and iteration lead to a better product.
- You believe that good design enhances learning and are inspired by the work of Nicky Case, Maarten Lambrechts, the NY Times..
- You’re creative, professional, passionate, and collaborative.
Required: Submit a portfolio showing off your proven skills in interaction design and visual design. You’ll catch our attention if you include...
- learning experiences (interactive explainers, museum exhibits, educational gaming)
- data visualizations
- explorable explanations
See all of the specifics and apply at Harvard Careers (Req #46416BR):
Bachelor's degree and 3-5+ years designing user interfaces and user experiences for high-quality interactive web apps and/or visuals. A portfolio demonstrating successful work is required with application.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.