Bose Corporation is a privately held company with over 50 years of growth and expansion. We provide high-performance product solutions that are elegant and simple to use. These products are often developed through decades of analysis and research. We encourage innovation in every aspect of our work and seek to hire individuals whose satisfaction comes from thinking creatively and from solving problems with unique solutions.
The Bose Design Studio is looking for a Color, Material, and Finish Design Lead to advance our understanding of how we can utilize and grow this capability. The User Centered Design studio at Bose is a dynamic and energetic environment that continually seeks to challenge our views about customer experiences. We work on a diverse portfolio of products from consumer electronics, enterprise, and Wellness products.
The CMF Design Lead will develop a comprehensive color strategy for our products, and then work under the direction of the Creative Leads in applying that strategy consistently within each product category. Additionally, this person will develop material and finish strategies for our products, and coordinate with Advanced Manufacturing Development to bring these capabilities to Bose products.
This position reports directly to the Design Group Director as a Subject Matter Expert / Individual Contributor with the opportunity for growth into a manager position.
- Technical credibility and deep understanding of CMF technologies, research methods and testing.
- Expertise in trend and consumer research, as well as tooling design and material properties.
- Strong ability to communicate and present ideas, influencing the development teams and stakeholders in CMF recommendations.
- Strong management skills to ensure successful relationships with both internal and external manufacturers and suppliers.
The CMF Design Lead will work across all product categories providing vision, management and execution of a CMF strategy for Bose products. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing and maintaining a high level of awareness of color and material trends in the Consumer Electronics and other related industries.
- Developing and maintaining the Bose Color Strategy, including annual color forecast updates based on both the CE and allied industries.
- Continually survey industry for materials and manufacturing processes of interest to Industrial Design actively seeking out new materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Collaborate with Bose’s HeadStart Initiative as well as manage manufacturers and suppliers to evaluate and qualify new materials for future use.
- Generate CMF proposals for all new products, in collaboration with the Creative Leads and the Industrial Design staff.
- Work closely within the ID team to develop and refine color materials and finishes for products and propose strategic CMF opportunities based on research and trend analysis.
- Generate and deliver inspiring presentations that communicate product stories through CMF proposals.
- Create and implement CMF specifications for manufacturing and work closely with ID and manufacturing teams to ensure quality execution.
- Develop and maintain a material and finish library for the industrial design team.
- Responsible for the “color management” activities of the studio which include the equipment, color chips, color analysis and vendor approvals (Note: the clerical support of these activities will be done by Design Operations staff).
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplemen...); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingL.... Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.