Process Consultant – Design Thinking Strategist
Are you passionate about design strategy and want to apply your design thinking skills to implement changes to our talent management process and experience? Are you focused on using human-centered design to solve problems? As a Process Consultant-Design Thinking Strategist at Progressive, you will help our People Development organization design and implement solutions that are employee centric, viable for the business and technically feasible. Areas of focus will include onboarding, learning and performance and you will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders throughout the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field of study (e.g., Finance, Marketing, Management, Sales, HR) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a process design/redesign role
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years of experience in a process design/redesign or technical role
What we also look for:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others at all levels within the organization, including senior management and executives
- Experience developing process improvements and/or managing projects
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Demonstrated ability to conduct formal presentations
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to work with others to reach mutually agreed upon solutions
- Ability to work with and protect highly confidential information
- Proficient computer skills, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidates will be asked to submit a portfolio of their work if selected for in-person interviews
Strongly preferred skills:
- Ability to identify opportunities for change through the application of Human Centered Design and Design Thinking methodologies
- Excel in verbal, written and visual communications, with an emphasis on problem framing, visual storytelling
- Familiarity with both business and design planning frameworks and experience using them in a complex business environment
- Prior experience in Human Centered Design or design related experience/education
- Create design-led approaches to complex problems involving employees, processes and systems
- Participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams to gather needs and define desired outcomes
- Manages multiple medium to large and/or complex projects or processes simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Identifies and recommends process or technology improvements by investigating business processes, identifying employee needs, researching competitors and industry trends, and understanding business area goals
- Develops project plans and/or contributes to project documentation (e.g. timelines, initiation document, analysis needs, work breakdown structure, estimates, implementation and communication plans, risk assessment etc.).
- Leverages concepts such as prototyping, demonstrations, focus groups, pilots, workflows, surveys, risk assessments and customer scenarios to ensure the successful creation and adoption of process and technology improvements.
As one of the largest insurance companies in the nation, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
- Annual gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
- Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups and casual dress
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Equal Opportunity Employer