Job Description Summary
The User Experience Designer is responsible for improving business processes and supporting critical business strategies by bringing a user-centred design approach to the development and implementation to customer facing projects.
The UX Designer role guides the application design process to produce a functional product that works according to the user needs and thought processes and maintains a consistent user experience. The candidate is responsible for developing workflows, interactions flows/information architecture, navigational flows, and mock-ups that include conditional logic and decision points that describe how best to build new products and services.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. The UX Designer will work collaboratively with system manager, project mangers, business analysts, web designers and programmers and testers in an agile environment.
A portfolio of work examples is required.
Knowledge and Experience Specifications:
- Bachelors degree in a computer related discipline such as Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Information Design or similar.
- 5+ years experience in user experience design, interface design, interaction design, information architecture, or other related disciplines.
- 3+ years experience designing for mobile devices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with a strong aptitude for translating requirements into visual concepts.
- Ability to communicate usability and visual design principles to all levels of an organization
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Prototyping tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and document the information architecture needed to support projects, including: site maps, categories, page templates, content, navigation, page elements, links, callable actions, workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, storyboards.
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and workflow prioritization.
- Develop static and interactive prototypes for evaluation of concepts to business owners or for validation with end-users.
- Lead presentations and reviews of designs with team members and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with web designers on UI components, visual elements and standards.
- Work with web designers to create mock-ups according to design standards.
- Document and maintain User Experience Guidelines and pattern libraries for application assets.
- Educate team members and stakeholders on usability practices and considerations.
- Initiate/maintain consistent team-wide design brainstorming sessions to encourage creativity and idea generation.
- Develop relevant ideas into concrete design proposals to share with your management chain for future consideration.
- Analyze and interpret data into appropriate feedback to share with management chain. Translate feedback into concrete user-centred design solutions.
- Stay informed on industry trends, web development technology and advancements in the area of User Experience, Information Architecture, Responsive Web Design, and Mobile Design.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and usability principles.
- Proven ability to design intuitive and compelling user interfaces.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits including annual bonus potential, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, onsite fitness center, and opportunities for growth.