The Mobility Business Specialist will drive all aspects of execution for new Mobility business pilots at VCI and VWGoA. This role sits within the Mobility & Payments Team, a new and growing venture-like group at VCI. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and dynamic business manager who can think (and operate) strategically, but also lead by example in tactical execution. This role requires a motivated individual with a sense of ownership, demonstrated performance in previous roles, and an aptitude for meaningful disruption. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that will redefine people’s relationship with cars.
This role will have significant visibility to the senior management teams of VCI, Audi, Volkswagen, and Ducati, so it will be critical for this product leader to have exceptional communication and influence skills.
- 4-6 years of experience taking new product concepts to market
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Desired – Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Experience in business development, analysis, new product development, and project management
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, tailoring the delivery and message to the audience
- Ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Intellectual curiosity for the underpinnings of new product concepts (e.g., tech stack, operations, financials, etc.)
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- Passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- Ability to partner with designers, developers, business analysts, and other business SMEs to deliver great products
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest web and mobile product technologies and user experience best practices
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to use data to support and drive business objectives
- Success in developing strong working relationships across many layers of an organization and external partners
- Knowledge and practice of core principles of Agile methodology and Agile development practices including Scrum, Kanban, Lean software development, etc.
- Familiarity and experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence for product user stories and agile development
- Ability to rapidly research and evaluate new technologies
- Familiarity with the Mobility/Automotive sector and/or a high-growth company environment
Travel 20% of the time
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Lead the planning, execution, reporting, and other tactical components of new Mobility business pilots
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify, map, and align business needs (e.g., operations, marketing, finance, people, and logistics)
- Participate in user interviews, focus groups, surveys, and design thinking to understand consumer preferences and develop new product concepts
- Perform industry research via news, related events, publications, and announcements to track competitors, trends, and new developments in Mobility
- Manage partnerships by drafting agreements, leading day-to-day interactions, and tracking SLAs in close partnership with legal counsel as needed
- Report and present regularly on KPI progress, success stories, and opportunities for improvement
- Work will be broken down as follows:
- Product Delivery (80%) – Defining, building towards, and launching pilots is at the core of this role’s responsibility. This person will lead cross-functional efforts that will result in new mobility concepts being launched and tested in markets around the country. The ability to deliver a working business concept will be a complex task to accomplish, as it will span everything from software development, to visual design, to business case generation, to logistical operations, to purchasing, to accounting, and customer service.
- Product Strategy (20%) – Mobility is a high priority for the group globally as part of Strategy 2025, and is broad enough that it gives each market around the world the flexibility to define the role it wants to play. We have not yet defined a strategy for mobility broadly in the US and this will be a component of the Mobility team’s overall focus. This person will provide valuable input in defining the broader strategy and develop more tactical