We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
- 6 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
- 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus.
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules.
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
- Maintain the high standards set by the group.
- Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
- Participate and support research efforts.
- Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Work well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
- You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life