At Modernizing Medicine, we are looking for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- People’s Choice UX Award for modmed® Kiosk - 2017
- Customer Success Team of the Year by SIIA's Company CODiE - 2017
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies in America - 2015, 2016, 2017
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ - 2015, 2016, 2017
- South Florida Business Journal Fastest Growing Technology Company - 2016, 2017
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare – 2015
Modernizing Medicine is hiring a Senior User Experience Researcher to execute innovative approaches in the pursuit of the highest quality user experience for our clients. This individual will play a vital role in web and mobile applications that are changing the way thousands of physicians practice medicine.
What you'll be doing:
The job of a UX researcher is to deeply understand the behaviors, mental models and needs of our users. In this role, you will work on complex research and design challenges, and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use solutions for thousands of medical practices around the country.
Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of designers, business analysts, and product managers throughout the user-centered process — from early foundational research to evaluating mockups and prototypes with users. As a researcher, you will be responsible for producing insightful user research findings and translating the results into meaningful and innovative user experiences.
Skills & Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a user researcher performing both qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Experience using user research tools and methods including card sorting, tree testing, surveys, user interviews, affinity diagramming, usability testing and eye tracking.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles.
- A relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered research and design solutions (e.g. usability finding deliverables, personas, wireframes, workflows, mockups, and prototypes).
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch, and prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure or Flinto.
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing (HCC), Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, or other relevant programs.
- Experience working in the healthcare field is a plus.
- Support the user research needs of our product development team during the design and development of our web and mobile products.
- Conduct foundational research to better understand the needs of our customers including contextual inquiries, user interviews, and surveys.
- Conduct formative research to help our UX designers to collect user feedback and to enhance the user experience of our products.
- Conduct summative research to benchmark the usability of our products and identify opportunities to make future enhancements.
- Partner with product owners and other stakeholders on UX strategy based on user research data.
- Contribute to the evolution of design principles, guidelines and patterns.
- Collaborate with and inspire others on the UX team, keeping up with the industry evolution including best practices, research methods, new trends and tools.
- Contribute to design deliverables that support the UCD process including wireframes, screen flows, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Communicate best practices for research and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Your compensation is a combination of base salary and bonus potential.
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!