Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as one of “Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®” in 2017 and 2018, has an opportunity for a Senior User Experience Designer to participate in project teams and various other organizational initiatives in an effort to create positive experiences for Wespath customers through their interactions with Wespath applications and websites. The designer will work with business and technical resources to identify different approaches to solving user problems. The designer will use his or her training, experience, and usability testing results to identify and refine the best solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Eight years of demonstrated requirements-elicitation and facilitation skills as a user experience designer
- Master’s degree in business, information technology, information management, related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of retirement financial products and services, including Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans
More specifically, the Senior User Experience Designer will have the opportunity to:
- Consult with business users to understand their goals
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows and prototypes
- Coordinate with technical team on issues like navigation, page routing, and product page designs
- Conduct usability testing on separate pages or modules and summarize findings
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Participate in the creation of a content development strategy
- Conduct analyses of other websites and applications that have similar functions
- Facilitate application end-user training
- Track usability goals and prepare reports for senior management
- Via research, books, magazines, and membership in relevant organizations, remain current on best practices and industry trends and where appropriate make proposals that align organization practices and standards with industry best practice.
- Work independently with limited direction
- Bring in depth industry expertise to help define and evolve this role at Wespath
Wespath Benefits and Investments
Wespath Benefits and Investments is a 2017and 2018 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work® and a not-for-profit administrative agency of The United Methodist Church. Wespath is responsible for the general supervision and administration of retirement, health and welfare benefit plans and programs, and investment fund management for more than 100,000 active and retired clergy and lay employees in the U.S. and around the world.
Our operations include retirement services, the Center for Health, investment management, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, positive social purpose (PSP) lending, U.S. pension plans and global pension programs, health and welfare benefit plans. In service since 1908, Wespath has approximately $23 billion in assets under management. It ranks among the top 100 pension plans in the country and is the largest reporting denominational investor in the world. As the nation's largest faith-based pension fund, Wespath works globally with corporations to address environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, with a focus on responsible and sustainable investing.
A unique, values-driven benefits and investments organization, this Chicago-area employer is known as “a great place to work.” The Glenview, IL headquarters building was awarded a Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council for efficiencies in the building’s design, construction, operation and maintenance. Wespath strives to lessen its environmental impact, reinforcing the organization’s core value of stewardship. The agency has received Best Employees for Healthy Lifestyles and Eye on Health awards, and provides incentive programs that focus on the well-being of its employees.